Welly's - GT4 Engine Swap Project (Celica GT4 / MR2 REV3)

• welly this car is amazing! can't wait to see more info… i'm going to pm you some info on break upgrades for us that really aren't too much i posted one linke in the brake section i think

• disc and calipers, not even be mazda mate, what ever we can get behind 16s are going behind.

thanks for pm.

cars running at least over 335bhp, upset a bloke in a scooby clinic scoob. apparently its there race one that they drive its white mate was telling me its running 400bhp dint look to happy going up a hill in wet side by side with mx3 with tyres spinning in 4th gear lmfao.

• yes it was wet roads lmao.

been searching youtube 14.3psi same engine and a few things 335bhp. do should deffo be over that with 21lb of boost and alot of internal upgrades. just waiting for the turbo rebuild :twisted:

for you people that intrested this is its killed list.

MG TF
    VW r32
    rx8
    few scoobys
    and some silly boy in a 1.2 corsa lmfao

probs a few more, cant remember, ill get a video on later.

• Apparently the car was speeding across a village ! tut but we was parked there sorting the afm and playing with it for boost issues etc :wink:

got a video quick video of the boost coming in, baring in mind its got another 100bhp+ coming soon:P afm and dizzy are bollocked and afm isnt doing mixture so its spluttering abit, had it running nice in the week, soon as boost came in the engine hit the bulk head :lol:

• @7ec1cbc1ce=Welly:

upset a bloke in a scooby clinic scoob. apparently its there race one that they drive its white.

Scooby Clinics white one isn't that race one… their time attack car runs about 700 bhp and its not white. Huge holographic stickers all down the side and as fast as your car is you would have no hope. Saw them out testing it the other day and it scared the living s**t out of me! Awesome machine.

• but! its a scooby over powerd engine.

3s gte engine? good for 800bhp+

thank you and good day.

• @5829da4a6d=Welly:

but! its a scooby over powerd engine.

3s gte engine? good for 800bhp+

thank you and good day.

so….. would it be correct in saying yours would be an over powered engine????

• not quite…

ask one of the the men from subaru, i did he said the engines are basically shit and made from chocolate.

toyota 3s gte engine...with stock internals can take 350bhp nice..

internals your talking big boy power.

but like any turbo engine regular servies and maintain the engine.

• Just thinking, are gt4 engines not normally 4wd or rwd? I take it you're fwd? Not tempted to put the power to the rear?

• :cry:

think shes thrown a piston…so it mus have been running over 400bhp to do that as them engines are ment to be sound for that kind of power as told from a man who works for toyota..

if the piston has gone. dont worry.

got a set of pistons anyway,and she will be back and running better than ever ;)

30mph it knocking its tits off. dad jsut said shes gone bang..will see if thats right and let u guys know. hope its something simple :( not a full strip job.

• hope ur right welly

she is one of the top marques on the site!

• if it is the piston thats gone pop…

have a set of topline pistons.

she was running about 370bhp before she went out :(

she will come back with avengance non the less, turbo,afm,and things is she is in need of some work...also more shiney parts:P

shes but a few bigger and expensive cars in there place, and she will be rebuilt unless its seriously serious.

• pistons are ok thank fuck.

head gasket between 3 and 4. she will be back soon :)

• so are you doing AWD or just FWD and what trans are you using with this?

• FWD , celica 2l.

but soon to be changed.

4wd internals into a 2wd box.

• Soon to be back :)

also been talking about bulding a bottom end up ready.

steel rods
    wiesco pistons

means more boost.

• shes been off the road for the past week :(

pistons gave in, but shes got some st205 pistons now, low compression, from the youngest gt4, had bottom end rebored and oversized pistons :D

ST165 GT4 Bottom End
    ST185 GT4 Head
    ST205 GT4 Pistons & bits :)

Hybrid now :D

she should be back running in the 20psi range of boost

• shes been on the road for nearly a week now running in.

clipped boost a few times, then eased of, never felt a kick in back like that from boost creeping in and never heard anything like it before im my life.

new project soon ;)

• Engine's been rebuild now.

Running it in slowly, then AFM is going and and uprating it to st205 parts :)

then we can booost her. gt4 afm's are known for melting pistons, as they get a slight crack in, and fuck mixture up, causing them to pink.

but she is flying again, Stage 3 Turbo helps :)

• Try and get some pics and videos up please very interested..

:D

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB