Welly's - GT4 Engine Swap Project (Celica GT4 / MR2 REV3)

• big brakes

roughly around 10 inch i think.

also uprated fuel pump :D

picks up and goes alot better .

• What are those calipers off? I see ya using green stuff pads hows ya dad find em?

• celica gti calipers..

had to modify suspension legs to get big brakes on, had to cut lugs off and make brackets etc…

pads arnt really bed in yet, but the brakes bite better.

• fuel pump done.

makes alot of difference, let me know wat u think :)

• Looking good, plenty of power :twisted: :P :twisted:

• bloke with a 300bhp st205 gt4, was bragging that he would waste the mazota. told dads mate he will race, so dads mate said ill put 250quid on andy wins (dad), anyway the bloke with the gt4 came to the garage, to see what its like. and blokes at TRD have been talking.

well bloke with 300bhp let dad take it out, then dads took him out in mazota, bloke basically said "im not going to race this, it will waste me"

also said its running alot more over 300bhp, his came in gradually. and got there normal. were the mazota was spinning in 1st,2nd,3rd and screaming with boost kicking. and bloke laughing and going jesus fkn christ…

popped the bonnet also said " this is the best install ive ever seen"

semt abit pissed off when dad told him its only boosting at 7psi, he said :| uve got another 10psi to throw on top of that at least.

so its going well, and TRD boys are talking about it etc...going to try and get in touch with banzai..

also, not going to pod tomorrow, as the weather is shite.

• Dash speedo changed, to import celica with 180mph, had it to 145 on road u see were we beat that r32. lol

How she is.

trying to find a toyota gt4 st205 bonnet, for the vent, as once its been running abit, the bonnet u cant touch it, also alternator heat shield and turbo heat shield, making a alternator one and re-making a turbo one from stainless steel :)

• Uhmmm pretty, getting some lens tint in yellow to do them. looks so nice and looks abit different. but its pretty! what u guys think?

• meh I prefer the indicators all clear….

• Speedo is 5mph out, jsut add 5mph on, still boosting 7psi, and still not full throttling it. let me know what u think.

• 100mph in 3rd, dropped it into 4th lit tyres up, and thats boosting 5 psi, wetuk roads eh!

low boost now for winter.

• lad on a r1 bike had ago :), not a great deal happend, 140mph we was on his arse, he dropped into other lane, and gave up, then shook his head at the junction :)

think he was pretty pissed off

• abit of a update, circuit on the back of the dash blew, due to a rubbing wire, which is now sorted, solderd it and bridged it up. and the cold ait funnel is now in the bumper.

• I like the cold air feed very subtle. its in keeping the street sleeper look.

• 140mph in a flash … that car really goes ...
    no wonder the R1 owner was pissed off

• video was at 1/4 thorttle and low boost (5psi), cant wait for summer and the maf sensor fitted, and the big 21psi of boost :D wooo.

it goes quiet well, me and ASH went out for a few drinks, he got took home in mazota, he was impressed :)

• every one keeps saying its the quickest thing around my area :) +1 to the mx3 world.

• good work :D Roll on the summer and dryer roads!

• Very nice, I have an ST185 as my First car, just picking up the MX3 for a little runabout :D

• ahh st185 :) were using the head off a st185 with N/a Cams :)

ST165 block,st205 pistons,st185 head :)

lots work been done to the engine :)

3s-gte were the powers at my friend!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB