Its been a long time coming!….

• wow that is an identical stereo and guage set to mine :D

Looking good, if you want more chrome on it, get the mx5 chrome door handles for the outside 8)
    these are the genuine mazda ones but you can get copies
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mazda-MX-5-Mk2-2-NB-F-L-Chrome-Door-Handle-Trims-New-/150490371226?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2309ecd49a

• @aab5922925=DaveMc:

Looking good bud, not a big fan of the wheel but they mats are funky! :D

The wheels were cheep with new tyres on and i think they suit the car (personal pref). The mats are ed hardy and are from ebay.

@aab5922925=djmarcopolo:

wow that is an identical stereo and guage set to mine :D

Looking good, if you want more chrome on it, get the mx5 chrome door handles for the outside 8)

I did think you had the gauges, didn't konw you had the same head unit lol
    Im trying to keep the chrome to just the engine bay and interior but thanks anyway.

• Look familiar :D

• lol. it is the same, also the dial surround is the same, put some white dials in and we could have cloned interiors :lol:

• @289a9bc81f=MasonX3:

@289a9bc81f=DaveMc:

Looking good bud, not a big fan of the wheel but they mats are funky! :D

The wheels were cheep with new tyres on and i think they suit the car (personal pref). The mats are ed hardy and are from ebay.

@289a9bc81f=djmarcopolo:

wow that is an identical stereo and guage set to mine :D

I did think you had the gauges, didn't konw you had the same head unit lol
    Im trying to keep the chrome to just the engine bay and interior but thanks anyway.

was on about steering wheel :P

• Hello all…
    Its been along time since my last post because of on going money problems from christmas left me with no phone or internet.
    The silver MX3 has been sat with no mot or tax since new year and this week i started getting it ready.
    It needed a new center section exhaust as it had a hole in it but when i dropped the old one out the back box was shot aswell, so i've replaced the exhaust from the cat back.
    Whilst replacing the exhaust i noticed the drivers side caliper was not gripping the disc under the force of the hand brake, the hand brake lever on the caliper is seized, i have managed to get the hand brake to pull the lever but no matter what i do the spring wont return the leaved back to the off position.
    Has anyone had this problem befor or does anyone have any ideas to correct it

• They all seize over time on MX's, take the whole lot apart and give them a good greasing, if they work up to the cable then its easy to strip it all apart, you say one side is not gripping is that on the car or the disc as these are notorious for the calipers seizing, its just strip, clean and lots of copper grease, there are pin kits available too to buy I think just for the fronts but replace all the pins and retainers too and stick a new set of pads all round

• I put new pads and disc's on about aout a month befor i sat it up and i stripped the rear calipers down when i done that as the would not float on the disc, looks like i will have to do it again :x

• As a note for future reference, (not sure if you did this) - if you're not using the car for a while, park it with the handbrake off. I had my red car parked up for 2 years with the handbrake off and it's back on the road again no problems.

• @db391643c7=Marco:

As a note for future reference, (not sure if you did this) - if you're not using the car for a while, park it with the handbrake off. I had my red car parked up for 2 years with the handbrake off and it's back on the road again no problems.

i do remember reading something about that a while ago but i was unsure how long the car was off the road for, never would of guessed it was going to be 3+ months.

• Well its been a week from HELL!!! I need a new exhaust from the cat back (these i got of flea bay, standard middle section and sportex back box) the rear o/s caliper needed unsezing and i changed the stepper motor on the throttle body to sort out the idle issue i was getting.
    I got the car passed a mot with an advisery for o/s C.V boot, and i got 6 months Tax (the price has gone up again :evil: )
    So bare in mind the car has been off the road for 3 months i was happy to give her some stick on the back roads near where i live
    Less than one week after the mot the car vomitted all its coolent on my drive which seems to be coming from the water pump :( .
    Just to top things whilst i was under the car i noticed the o/s C.V boot has split and C.V grease has been sprayed everywhere.
    Then when i thought nothing else could go wrong some bell end nicked my specialized P3 mountain bike and my 2 year old son decided to use my PS3 as a money box :(
    So all in all its been a rotten week.

• argh crap mate that is some bad drills :(

• @d254f538af=youdirtyfox:

argh crap mate that is some bad drills :(

They say things happen in threes

• re read your project page as you are back in the game now and i have to say i laughed my ass off when you said your son used your ps3 as a money box. sorry but that is one of the funniest things i have heard all year :) (no offence intended and i'm sure your over it now as it was over a year ago)

keep us posted with pics and let us know if you have done much to the car.

• @60b67cbfd7=daniel:

re read your project page as you are back in the game now and i have to say i laughed my ass off when you said your son used your ps3 as a money box. sorry but that is one of the funniest things i have heard all year :) (no offence intended and i'm sure your over it now as it was over a year ago)

keep us posted with pics and let us know if you have done much to the car.

No offence taken but the playstation was a write off but i have a new one know :lol:

• Well im back after 2 years of hell and im happy to say i still have 2 of my mx3's :lol:

I've had alot of time on my hands the last couple of weeks and have been working on the silver 3 to get it road legal like Track rod end, tyres and drive shafts and also some cosmetic stuff with the interior and ditched the rip speed wheels and got some team dynamics multi spokes on it.

Sorted the system out :lol:

Then i got bored with the roof but this seemed to be a can of worms.

• looking good there fella

• @08b09d308a=jay:

looking good there fella

Cheers mate, the roof looks a bit dodgy in that last pic but has now been moped and polished and looks alot better.

• I like this looks cool with the roof! got any more recent shots with it moped?
    Good to see you back Bro :D

• @9f011e60ac=youdirtyfox:

I like this looks cool with the roof! got any more recent shots with it moped?
    Good to see you back Bro :D

I'll give her a wash later and put up some pics for you.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB