Taillights.

• Whats the difference between Euro, jspec, us spec lights and other bits and bobs aestheticly-wise?

might be an idea to make it a sticky so we've got a point of call to identify different items.

probably a huge amount of mistakes in that, just finished a night shift!

• I'd like a nice list like this tbh.

• @af6c6532e8=Mike:

Whats the difference between Euro, jspec, us spec lights and other bits and bobs aestheticly-wise?

might be an idea to make it a sticky so we've got a point of call to identify different items.

probably a huge amount of mistakes in that, just finished a night shift!

The only difference I can think of is the placement of the fog light maybe?

• Mooneggs could tell you, maybe get him in on this somehow?

• indeed 8)

See this: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62164

also here is some more explanation:

There is only one OEM rear fog light (with an extra plate for brighter light than brakelights) and it is on the taillight behind the driver's seat. However, the other taillight in the set will have a blocked off section on the inner light closest to the license plate. If you cut that out, you will notice that the extra plate is not there, so it does not look the same as the rear foglight one. Regardless, both sides look different than US spec. It's just one side is much brighter due to the extra plate.

On my project I got 2 sets of Euro/UK taillamps - one from a LHD MX-3 and the other from a RHD MX-3 so I mixed them and now I have 2 sets that match: One set with 2 rear foglamps, and one set with 2 normal sockets (euro spec).

As far as a list of all the differences between the Eunos Presso, Eunos 30x, Autozam AZ-3 and Mazda MX-3, take a look at my worklogs (in my signature) - I have almost every variation of JDM/EDM/AUS parts.

There are also a few things here: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=61189

• Have you got a link to a "how to guide" to make the lights do the wrap around thing Mooneggs? I like it a lot.

• Mooneggs, Sorry for the dumb guy question lol

To get the wrap around effect on the tail lights,

One would need, 1x set of north American set of tail lights + do the mod.

But to get the same dual foggy on europe setup,

One would need, 1x set of RHD and 1x set of LHD lights + mod.

If thats true, WTB 1 set of North American tail lights :)

• the "wrap around thing" (with the light wrapping around the reverse light) is on all US and Canadian mx-3 tail-lights.

I suppose you could take apart your Euro lights and take out the dividers that make them square but I think it would be easier to just get a stock set from over here.

Before I moved to Portland I had 6 spare sets of taillights and I ended up throwing them away… sigh I'm sure you could post a WTB on the mx-3.com site and somebody should have them for cheap... although shipping might be a little since they aren't small.

One thing to keep in mind is that the US/CA spec are meant to have all 4 lit for parking lights and all 4 lit for brake lights. We don't have laws requiring rear fog lamps so you may want to check into it before making your car "illegal". Also dual fog lamps may be illegal as well... I believe some countries allow you to only have 1 behind the driver.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB