Looking for advice on car alarms

• I'm looking at putting a car alarm on but not sure what to go for i also looking at remote entry as if fed up with my keys bending which is a problem as Ive only got 1 key and it about broken
    Also is it possible to make the boot pop open on a remote is the a system that will do all three things?

Thanks

• Ive got a immobiliser kit if any good to you

• @0afa3ae3e4=Welly:

ive got a imobaliser kit if any good to you

is that were you have to put a peg into it before starting?

• ive got a cobra system Cat 1. Rolls up all windows, and sunroof automatically, and opens all doors. Doesnt do boot tho, but i usually just pull leaver on drivers side seat and dont use key anyhow.

Was fitted in 2004 for about £500 so prob cheaper now.

But very happy with it and prob brings insurance down too.

• @e6df2c1ca9=Garfy1981:

ive got a cobra system Cat 1. Rolls up all windows, and sunroof automatically, and opens all doors. Doesnt do boot tho, but i usually just pull leaver on drivers side seat and dont use key anyhow.

Was fitted in 2004 for about £500 so prob cheaper now.

But very happy with it and prob brings insurance down too.

thanks garfy was that 500 fitted?

• @8eda90310b=jay:

@8eda90310b=Welly:

Ive got a immobiliser kit if any good to you

is that were you have to put a peg into it before starting?

yes it is jay

all i know about it is, its never been fitted. and its in the box with instructions if i remember right, and everything is there.

Its a Meta Immobiliser.

And they do fetch decent money, there's a bike one on ebay at the minute at 110quid and still going, there good imobs Ive been told by a few people.

If you want it let me know and will sort it.

• The later MX-3's came standard fitted with an immob, mine has one fitted anyway. I don't know when it was standardised though.

• @00040c43ad=Ryan:

The later MX-3's came standard fitted with an immob, mine has one fitted anyway. I don't know when it was standardised though.

correct, mines also got a speaker with it :S didnt know imobs have speakers…wonder if its a alarm aswell :lol:

• I have checked, you can get an insurance recognised alarm + immobiliser fitted for around £150, they can do remote central locking its just a solenoid fitted into the door but the DIY kits are shi-ite the solenoids dont fit in the door properly, my first mx had the MAZDA finish line remote central locking and immobiliser installed and have never seen another one since

• did they not come with central locking then? ive always presumed they did??

• @fd08582b43=Garfy1981:

did they not come with central locking then? ive always presumed they did??

Remote central locking and the standard central locking only has a solenoid on the passenger door

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB