Earliest Eunos Presso's

• When did the Eunos Presso first go on sale in Japan?
    I am curious as to when (month) my 1991 Presso was registered.
    It was registered in UK beginning June 1998 on a H plate. I haven't seen any others on a H, lots on J plate.
    Can you find it out from the vin number?

• Eunos presso went on sale in japan in 1991 like all the other mx3's woldwide but the reason yours is 1998 is because that was the first registration date in the country and they check with the vin number the year of manufacture most are J plate because the law in japan states that no car over 8 years old is allowed to be on the road, this keeps their economy ticking over and cars safer over there, yours maybe the very first launch one or demo car before they went on general sale and this is why it was registered on the year previous or you may have a private plate that someone bought with their initials on it.

• @7f17814d23:

When did the Eunos Presso first go on sale in Japan?

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/mazda/eunos_presso/

May 1991 according to there :wink:

• My MX-3's were both born in 1991 for production year 1992

• @51d368f551=djmarcopolo:

Eunos presso went on sale in japan in 1991 like all the other mx3's woldwide but the reason yours is 1998 is because that was the first registration date in the country and they check with the vin number the year of manufacture most are J plate because the law in japan states that no car over 8 years old is allowed to be on the road, this keeps their economy ticking over and cars safer over there, yours maybe the very first launch one or demo car before they went on general sale and this is why it was registered on the year previous or you may have a private plate that someone bought with their initials on it.

Mine isn't a private plate (same last 3 letters as lots i've seen in the area). I was also the first registered uk keeper, sold it then got it back :lol:
    I'm guessing that mine must have been registered in Japan prior to august '91 (may/jun/jul) which is why it is on H plate.
    Would that be correct :?:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB