SE alloys - Differences

• Hey guys.

I've been seeing a lot of the SE alloys around, but they all seem to be different to mine.

Mine look like this:

(But with the older eunos/mazda badge)

Now, all the ones I see on this forum seem to be the inverted type:

Is one jap spec and one uk spec?

• @1ece302bfa=nexussteve:

Hey guys.

I've been seeing a lot of the SE alloys around, but they all seem to be different to mine.

Mine look like this:
    (But with the older eunos/mazda badge)

Now, all the ones I see on this forum seem to be the inverted type:

Is one jap spec and one uk spec?

**Neither of those are SE alloys.

SE alloys have a silver rim, with a five-spoke hub in gunmetal. The rim has wee plastic bits to fake a split-rim look and the wheelnuts are covered by a metal torus, screwed on with a large, plastic hex head to fake a race wheelnut.

The second of your two pictures is the stock 6-spoke alloy. Not seen the first one before, so I imagine it's a Japanese wheel.**

• Apparently they are?
    http://www.mx-3.com/se/

My particular type of wheels are enkei made also.
    So many types! -_-

• @7c3eb93129=nexussteve:

Apparently they are?

**Ahhhh. That's the Canadian 25th anniversary edition. It's a special edition, but not a Special Edition, if you catch me.

MX-3 SE was Europe only and in clear white or occasionally the bluey-green colour (forget the name). There's only a couple hundred of them (mine is one).

So your wheels are probably North American then. The other 6-spokes are just stock 6-spokes.**

• Yes the top pic is the north american SE version wheels, but they used those wheels on normal mx-3's across the rest of the world.

The bottom picture is the stock wheels that came on most stock mx-3's around the world from 91-93…

I've seen the SE in the UK (white) that comes with 5 spoke rims - the same rims that came stock in North America in 94-96

Also there is the Equipe version in the UK only that has the rims that famine described...

• Those top ones seem to be the standard on the jap eunos 1.6 or 1.8 auto

• @209dbe37b0=Mooneggs:

Yes the top pic is the north american SE version wheels, but they used those wheels on normal mx-3's across the rest of the world.

The bottom picture is the stock wheels that came on most stock mx-3's around the world from 91-93…

I've seen the SE in the UK (white) that comes with 5 spoke rims - the same rims that came stock in North America in 94-96

Also there is the Equipe version in the UK only that has the rims that famine described...

**The Equipe has a similar pattern to the SE, but the wheels are all silver.

Edit: Stock 5-spoke

SE 5-spokes (UK only - 250 units, as I recall)

• @63b23154ee=Mooneggs:

Also there is the Equipe version in the UK only that has the rims that famine described…

I have an equipe and these are the stock alloys, this was before I painted them but they come standard sivler center and polished alloy on the rims

• The first pic is of the wheels that I have fitted to my Eunos.

• Nice one guys!
    That makes more sense!

@25ac7cb22f=djmarcopolo:

Those top ones seem to be the standard on the jap eunos 1.6 or 1.8 auto

Apparently on the 1.8 manuals too! ^^

• @d3450749cf=djmarcopolo:

@d3450749cf=Mooneggs:

Also there is the Equipe version in the UK only that has the rims that famine described…

I have an equipe and these are the stock alloys, this was before I painted them but they come standard sivler center and polished alloy on the rims

they look like Borbets…..

• They do a bit but I can assure you they are the standard mazda issue for this model, I painted them bronze for japfest and the clours dont go so I do not know which way to go next, whether to go white with turquoise rim tape or a champagne gold

• @1e700fb524=djmarcopolo:

They do a bit but I can assure you they are the standard mazda issue for this model, I painted them bronze for japfest and the colours don't go so I do not know which way to go next, whether to go white with turquoise rim tape or a champagne gold

i did like the gold mate but here's a suggestion, why not go white with a polished rim, imo mint…

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB