Power boost valve

• ok, i've seen this advertised
    FSE Mazda MX3 1.8i 24v 93> Power Boost Valve (VK-384-TOY1-H)

reviews for the same product albeit for other makes and models seem good enough.

Was wondering if anyone knows anything about it? if they reccomend it or not?

Or do i have to be the one who tries it out and lets everyone know lol

• from wot ive heard you dont wanna fook with these, as one wrong calibration and bng goes your engine

• I was looking at these a while ago for a bit of cheap BHP but was recommended that they are really only any benefit on cars that breathe much better than stock (racing spec etc.)

However, the reviews on fordprobestore say that they are pretty good.

http://www.fordprobestore.co.uk/store/product_reviews.php?cPath=51_77&products_id=52

So I don't really know who to believe (no offence intended to whoever offered me info) but that's the info I have.

• Doesnt the stock ECU fix all changes made to the fuel pressure ?
    I think that it doesnt do anything… IMO

• I wouldn't imagine that the ECU would have much to do with fuel pressure from the fuel pump, but I'm fairly sure that I'll be corrected by someone on here!

• The fuel is at a set pressure as standard.

The ecu reads the amount of air coming in and alters the duration that the fuel injector is open for.

Therefore increasing the pressure will increase the amount of fuel pumped out in that time.

–--

ECU's can learn and adapt to some mods you make, but they take a while to learn and only have limited scope.

e.g it can cope with an air intake and exhaust system, but put sports cams on and you will need to either get a piggyback controler, new chip, re-map old chip or go standalone.

Thats where the pressure valve thing comes in as a kind of cheap way around. But you don't need to use it until you do a serious mod that requires a significant change to the fueling.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB