Oil leak on rocker cover

• i can categorically vouch that just cus there is no mayo on the oil cap dosent mean ur head gasket hasnt gone. safest way to be sure is go to a garage and get them to test if there is any fuel in ur radiator. i.e unburnt hydro carbons.

• @ef763126be=kami_no_michi:

i can categorically vouch that just cus there is no mayo on the oil cap dosent mean ur head gasket hasnt gone. safest way to be sure is go to a garage and get them to test if there is any fuel in ur radiator. i.e unburnt hydro carbons.

A basic way to test is have the expansion tank top off when the engine is hot (not the radiator cap) and smell the water, if it smells like exhaust fumes get it checked

• He said it himself that he had to top up the oil probably gone between the cylinder and an oil way so its just burning off.

Always worth doing a cylinder leakage test and a compression test first as it might save you having to do both heads, and it might just be the front one thats gone :D

But if you need a skim you got to do them both!!

Always worth checking the valves for leaks too while the heads off, just pour a kettle over them and watch to see if there are any leaks and if so check the levels 10 mins or so later.

might as well paint the heads before you put them back on, and the rockers too and IM if you got time. Your not going to get a better chance.

• might aswell do both head gaskets, least you know they have both been done…

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB