HammyGlos MX-3 Project (OEM+!)

• @b8f480b309=HammyGlos:

Just need to get an induction pipe on there to maximise the cold air coming in!!! :wink:

…and a vent?

• @3746abcc9a=JIMBOfred:

…and a vent?

No mate, not got those skills (or tools for that matter)

• have a little look at this…

Not sure myself.. :? but feedback would be appreciated… :D

More Pics Here...
    http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac204/HammyGlos/My%20MX-3/Mockup/

Cheers

Hammy

• Oh cool these are a bit different to ones I tried fitting. Im thinking 70/30 in favour under the presso lip as they do work becuase they finish at the same point. I also like them without the presso lip, I think you would need to see them all on the car and 'shopped for colour to be 100% either way though :wink:

• that looks pretty good with the jdm lip… what kind of part is that? spoiler from another car?

I've been considering getting some sort of splitter for the front as well...

• @fa70aa8d0b=Mooneggs:

that looks pretty good with the jdm lip… what kind of part is that? spoiler from another car?

I've been considering getting some sort of splitter for the front as well...

I believe it is a MX-6 part… Got it from Clivvy on here. Many Thanks to Clivvy for these and the Oil Dip Stick!!!!

• Ok… over the weekend, I met DJ, got these....

Got home saturday afternoon, and did this…

Still a bit to go… then the rim... then onto the next wheel..

:D :D :D

• Nice one! What's the colour scheme plan then?

• @41046f4357=Marco:

Nice one! What's the colour scheme plan then?

Polished Rim for sure…

Thinking Blue centres, will have to see!! 8)

• Nice! Teal coloured centres would go well with red 8)

• Nice one, they will come up amazing when finished cant wait to see the end result :D

• I have finished stripping the 1st centre….

Do I need to try and remove all pitting before I paint?

• polished rim ftw! ;) when i sanded mine down i tried to get them as smooth as possible but no matter how smooth it looks to you, as soon as you primer it, it will show up any blemishes in the wheel. then its up to you weather you think it looks good enough

• I only went to 240grit for the centre as I'm painting the centres anyway. Will be going the whole graduated process up to 2000grit wet sanding followed by polish and wax on the rims!!

• personally i would go a bit higher on the centres, not too much but maybe to about 400-600 grit. I went up to 400 on my centres and cant see any blemishes etc unless you look really closely. i only went up to 1000 grit on my dish but they are not properly finished yet and will be getting sanded down again when i can be arsed. its such a bloody long process lol

• Hammy, alot of work to flat out the pitting on the centres, my advice is to spray some coats of hi build primer on the centres, 'guide coat' (this is a dusting of topcoat, so its speckled). Flat with 400 wet/dry until all speckles have gone, you then have a flat surface to apply topcoat and they will look the nuts :wink:

For the polishing, like you said keep going up the grades to 2000, then autosol them, then you will have some dogs bollarks looking rims too, just keep on top of them cleaning wise, especially during these winter months with the salt on roads :roll:

Look forward to seeing end result, keep up the good work 8)

• Yeah, looking good dude. polished rims would look amazing just gonna b a fair bit of hard work. cant wait to see them finished.

• No real progress with the wheels yet… but I got all winter to sort em!!!

What i have done tho is........

Fitted rear Garnish. At Last!!! lol

Replaced my dented front wing.. again AT LAST!!! :lol:

And fitted the flat Eunos side repeaters….

:D

• Great work mate! We love a bit of garnish :D

Look forward to seeing them wheels next year 8)

• Not updated this in a while…

In December I did a service on the car and flushed the engine, will be running for a few more miles and doing another oil change after putting in HLA treatment this week...

Need to do my rear brakes soon... but also need to re-tax :roll:

Also got a stainless centre pipe to fit :D

Hoping this weekend isn't too cold/wet (and that I'm allowed to play with the car ) :lol:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB