HammyGlos MX-3 Project (OEM+!)

• :cry: Washed the car today before coming into work… I now have a nice mix of Paint and Primer for a front bumper.... :evil: :evil:

however... all is not lost.... I have another bumper coming this week :D

• Results of washing…. :evil:

I didn't know they put paint stripper in Turtle Wax... :?

Hammy

p.s. sorry bout quality.. Blackberrys have sh1t cameras!!!

• that looks like a fault in the paint procedure, it maybe that its been resprayed at some point and that is the exact same thing we get with a lot of brand new yachts and that is when it has not been sanded or keyed up properly before application.

• @490f5cf58f:

that looks like a fault in the paint procedure, it maybe that its been resprayed at some point and that is the exact same thing we get with a lot of brand new yachts and that is when it has not been sanded or keyed up properly before application.

You are right… the paintwork on the bumper was really bad when i got the car and i've not done anything to it...

however... new bumper arrived with really bad cracking on the clear coat.. so i rubbed it down to the colour coat and reapplied a new clear coat.. finished yesterday before coming into work...

I didn't feel i had the skills to add more colour, so the finish isn't fantastic.. but i'm happy with it.. Just letting it settle for a couple of weeks before i G3 it and wax and polish the life out of it… then I'll fit it to the car.

• Should polish up well, it's an improvement already!

• Hopefully it will polish up nicely… and once it's on the car, the old one will be stripped down and i'll practce painting it from primer through to clear... :wink:

• Bumper is now Polished up and ready for fitting…

Weather is supposed to be good this weekend.. It's gonna be done…. :wink:

• Looking nice there bud.

• Cheers Lori… Thanks for the comments guys over the past few posts.. it makes me feel all fuzzy inside :lol:

I'll take a load of pics (if I remember!!) to show the Bumper removal process as i know a lot of ppl have asked in the past... and write up a how-to in the process...

• Bumper is now fitted!!! Woo!!

here's the result….

Old Versus New….

My Hands are a fookin mess now tho!!! :lol:

• Got some yellow lense fogs to go on and "tilt" number plate holder.

The fog housings need cleaned up a little.. gonna rub 'em down and repaint em before putting them on…. 8)

• Looking good there mate, massive improvement!
    Whats the idea behind a tilt number plate holder then?

• The "official" idea is that the numberplate is tilted to push more airflow into the radiator area (especially if you have an intercooler etc.), however the "unofficial" idea is that the plate is tilted to partially obsure the plate from front facing GATSO's :lol:

I need to get a Jap style plate sometime… but for the moment the UK size plate will do...

• sneeky ;)

• I'll post a pic when i fit it.. :wink:

• Some Pics to show the effect… The idea is the number plate looks normalat standstill.. but as you are driving along the plate "tilts" to direct air to the radiator/ hide from the fuzz... :wink:

As you can see it'd look better with an import shaped plate on… but it'll do the job for now.

• Yellow fogs are now in :wink: 8) 8) 8)

• I had a similar number plate on my scooby it flipped up when i started to drive. I loved in the police didn't but by the time they stopped and turned around i was gone. :twisted:

• I live behind the local cop shop… nothing said yet.... I'll wait til they do :wink:

• Well, The car has been idling like a bag of spanners lately…. So last night i went out and got this.....

As the original looked like this….

… idling nicer already!! And sounds soooo sweet!!!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB