Driver's mirror - flat or aspheric

• Does a Euro spec MX-3 have flat or aspheric (curved at the far edge) driver's mirrors?

Peter

• ive just got a new one from mazda and it was flat.

hope this helps.

• iv a jap model and mine are curved!
    but throw up a pic anyway!

• I have a EUDM, left hand drive and my side view mirror is aspheric

• @2de97003c3=OutlaW666:

I have a EUDM, left hand drive and my side view mirror is aspheric

That's interesting. These mirrors are not available on any US or Canadian cars - of any manufacturer…
    I would really like to get one - if there's one deficiency of the MX-3 it's that the mirrors are too small - so if anyone knows of this part at a wrecker in Europe I'm interested (or new if anyone has access to a Mazda dealer - the glass should be a separate part).

• my God, i think we have a misunderstanding here.
    Your inside the car and driving. The LEFT side mirror is aspheric and my steering wheel is on the LEFT side of the car.
    Us and Canada are the same way, so THEY MUST have aspheric mirror's on the LEFt side mirror.
    And im sure JDM car's wich have the steering wheel on the RIGHT side, have a right side mirror aspheric glass :roll:

• Sorry - there's no misunderstanding. We don't get aspheric drivers side mirrors on any cars in North America! The first time I saw one (as it happens in the UK - but I've seen them in Europe) I was amazed - what a good idea! The best we can manage is stick-on magnifying mirrors.

North Americans are discouraged from relying on mirrors - if you don't shoulder check for every manoeuvre and every lane change you'll fail your test here. It's common to see drivers on highways travelling at over 100 km/h looking backwards! It's also not uncommon for NA models to have smaller mirrors than J/UK/EU models - until recently they've been not much more than a styling accessory…

WRT MX-3's - there's a previous post noting that UK cars have flat mirrors, whereas JDM models have aspheric - interesting.

So - I am interested to get one..... - and if there's one for a 2003 Protege 5 I'll take that too (I have a thread on the UK Protege list).

Peter

• thats interesting about the mirrors in USA, i've seen on Overhaulin' they take the mirrors off, but thats illegal here you need at least one extirior mirror.

ive just failed my HGV test and there are loads mirror and shoulder checks in that test. we also have to shoulder check for all of the menouvers on our driving tests too.

• @6a305e0502=pmj:

Sorry - there's no misunderstanding. We don't get aspheric drivers side mirrors on any cars in North America! The first time I saw one (as it happens in the UK - but I've seen them in Europe) I was amazed - what a good idea! The best we can manage is stick-on magnifying mirrors.

Peter is correct… I have a JDM set of power folding mirrors and the driver's side is aspheric (which is fantastic). I would love to get a hold of another driver's side for my other mx-3 :D

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB