KLZE….???

• @486d9f5873=Famine:

@486d9f5873=barrywhite21:

I just joined the 626 forum to ask them….. Will post outcome!

Oddly, the thought never occurred to do that. Possibly because the thought never occurred there'd be a 626 forum :lol:

Loooool i know! It was very empty looking tbh :shock:

I posted it at 9:30 ish this morning, so far 9 views no replies :(

• best bet is mx6.com theres usually some 626 guys on there and think there might be a 626 forum section there too???.
    Not sure what happened but alot of the uk guys there have left after falling out with the u.s side and started there own uk forum somewhere. Think heckler who is registered on this site is the guy who runs it. He will also prob know the answer to your KLZE-626 question.

• the engines have the number stamped on them to tell you what it is at a glance.
    you dont need to believe and its not witchcraft to know whats in what car. they have been about for a year or two now. lol

• @d19999a1a3=Famine:

@d19999a1a3=Mechanic:

The receipt i received said 626 auto

**I think I'll keep it on the "rumour" list then for now.

I was hoping, with a screenname like "Mechanic", you'd actually pulled it yourself :D**

Didn't really fancy the trip to Japan lol

• @828d01d148=Mechanic:

Didn't really fancy the trip to Japan lol

Really? i hear its nice and smoggy this time of year :D

• Apparently there was a ford telstar with a KLZE. :?

• Famine the 626 forum admin has confirmed there was a 626 Klze however its was Japan only.

http://www.mazda626.net/topic/36746-true-klze/

• @015fead8a6=barrywhite21:

Apparently there was a ford telstar with a KLZE. :?

That's disturbing. They were sold in Japan too, for some reason.

@015fead8a6=barrywhite21:

the 626 forum admin has confirmed there was a 626 Klze however its was Japan only.

**Call me awkward here, but… that doesn't really look like confirmation. "Of course there was" meets pretty much the same level of proof as 626 appearing on a receipt for the engine - and the following lack of certainty ("I think only in Japan") - still leaves this pretty much up in the air.

I'd love to hear from someone who has actually pulled a ZE from a 626 (or Telstar… Brrrrrrrr).

For clarification, I'm not saying there was never a ZEd 626. I am saying that I've heard rumours of it before but I've never had satisfactory confirmation from someone who's had hands on one, such as we have - repeatedly and often - from MX-6s. It's not an "argument", more a search for proof.**

• Ok point taken thats fair enough, my line of thought was if anyone would know, it would be the admin for a 626 forum, however your right "of course there was" is a bit sketchy, more details needed i agree.

I know its not an arguement, i just wanted someone to post a reply and also agree its a quest for knowledge. However as it stands im leaning towards yes there was :D.

I think other than phoning Japan we will never get a definitive yes or know :(

• @dac8efc9bd=barrywhite21:

Ok point taken thats fair enough, my line of thought was if anyone would know, it would be the admin for a 626 forum, however your right "of course there was" is a bit sketchy, more details needed i agree.

I know its not an arguement, i just wanted someone to post a reply and also agree its a quest for knowledge. However as it stands im leaning towards yes there was :D.

I think other than phoning Japan we will never get a definitive yes or know :(

**I'm not phoning Japan a second time. It was hard enough getting a straight answer the first!

I've stuck them on the list as "Unconfirmed". Seems fair enough that they're rumoured in a few places, yet no-one's seemingly put their mitts onto one.**

• Even if you had a 626 with a KLZE in it, it's still not absolute proof that was put in by Mazda OEM.

I'll see if I can derive anything from my EPC, but I get the feeling it won't cover Jspec cars.

Either way you have a KLZE = result.

• @f8bce7e78e=Marco:

Either way you have a KLZE = result.

Yeh your right, just goes down as another MX-3 urban legend!!!!

• @255c2c053b=Marco:

Even if you had a 626 with a KLZE in it, it's still not absolute proof that was put in by Mazda OEM.

Unless the engine number matched the VIN plate…

@255c2c053b=Marco:

I'll see if I can derive anything from my EPC, but I get the feeling it won't cover Jspec cars.

Good plan! Bummer if it doesn't cover them, but it's worth a shot.

• I know this is a fairly old thread, but where does the MX-6 GT come into things?

Does this have the 200BHP KLZE like the jap imports?
    I've been told it has 200BHP, but confirmation would be cool!

• Yes should have. As long as engine hasn't been changed. I've seen a mx6 gt with a mx3 engine before. Owner was gutted when he found out! It will have j spec headlights. Think possibly folding mirrors. Think there are a couple of other features

• Ahh cool!
    One for the list on page 1 of this thread then! ^^

Cheers Garfy!

• there is a red mx6 ( possibly gt ) mx6 for sale in ashford. Its not by chance this one your looking at?.

• Nah, my mate owns one he's selling. He's not based in Ashford, though the car might be?? How much it going for?

• just saw it for sale on facebook surprisingly. It does look like its been ragged tho. Has a flamer kit and from the project carz scene so expect it to be thrashed within an inch of its life.

• ewww flamer kits=gay.

I'll give that one a miss! ;)
    cheers for mentioning it though!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB