Idle problem still

• unless you can send and wait till 28th for payment??? :oops: :P :? :lol: :roll: :wink:

• @aa0fdcd12c=barrywhite21:

unless you can send and wait till 28th for payment??? :oops: :P :? :lol: :roll: :wink:

Yeah will send them off monday for you, could you PM me your address you want them sent to please.

• Low coolant can cause loopy idle too as there isn't enough to give the sensors a decent reading.

Poorly set TPS can do it, and the o2s are always a good part to replace.

Quite often though it's the POS IAC valve though!

Here's my new improved IAC :lol: :

• looks good, what you done to it, just reinforcements?

Also coolant level is good :)

• @7cff97751c=barrywhite21:

Just wondering if anyone help me we tested the resitance on the idle control and it read 12.1 Ohms instead of 7.7 - 9.3 (manual states Ohms for a 626 2.5L should be(mine) ) any idea why this could be wrong or how to change or reset it.

Nothing else is affected at all just the idle.

Bumpage, please any electrical geniuses want to have a think about it.

Idle air control is from the same engine so i dont get it :shock:

• OK I STILL HAVE THIS BLOODY PROBLEM.

Dropped my car off at the garage yesterday and have just spoken to them now. They gave me some croc about because there are to many non-standard parts on the car it isnt going to run right and there is nothing they can do.

I REFUSE to believe this as before i got it, there was nothing coming out of the exhaust and it idled reasonably well, which looks to me like something is wearing down or is slowly degrading.

He kindly pointed out that "it has an oil catch tank connected to the intake which isnt helping" and the "double filter setup isnt helping" and these problem are related to crap coming out the exhaust (looks like oil and coolant)

He said if i put it back to standard everything will be fine again!

• try it and see. if all is well then you will know that something you took off is causing your troubles.
    start putting things on one at a time till you find it.

• Good suggestion but i have nothing for the 626 engine only parts for the mx3 v6. Also i have seen cars on here that have similar setups and they dont have this problem :shock:

Here is the bay again, im gonna change the intake to single cone cold air see if that helps. But after that im stuck.

• @195e1f44dc=barrywhite21:

OK I STILL HAVE THIS BLOODY PROBLEM.

He kindly pointed out that "it has an oil catch tank connected to the intake which isnt helping" and the "double filter setup isnt helping" and these problem are related to crap coming out the exhaust (looks like oil and coolant)

He said if i put it back to standard everything will be fine again!

Ok so you have actual oil and coolant coming out? Coolant = white smoke with a sweet smell, oil = blue tint to the smoke.

With catbacks, (you have a decat too?) you get a lot of condensation blasting out for start up. You also have hotter exhaust so on a cold day it look like its blasting out.

Catch cans are a good thing unless there is a vacuum leak. Your idle may be caused by a vacuum leak. Check all the hoses. I think mechanic installed thermo spacers, they have paper gaskets which did split on my car eventually. May be worth investigating.

After your car warms up try unplugging the IAC (white connector), see how it idles then.

Follow this guide:
    http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47561

Also set the timing- paperclip GND and TEN. Timing light on #1, set to 10deg via rotating disty.

Your garage sounds like they have no experience with anything but standard and are too thick to think beyond a manual.

OH and I almost forgot! Pull codes! as in the HOW TO section.

• on that pic it looks like you have a clip going around the pipe and strut brace instead of just the pipe. if you correct this it may help.

• could quiet possibly be the crank sensor or cam sensor

• He's not wrong, there's alot of sensors used to keep a steady idle. Pull codes time.

• OK OK OK OK PULL CODES NEXT, thanks for the tips.

So somone just confirm the problem isnt due to over modification?

• Massive BS flag on over modification. Intake, headers, exhaust… and a catch can. Hardly. Pre megasquirt I had pretty much the same setup, and I didn't have the crap you're having atm.

• @522f526e9d=Marco:

Massive BS flag on over modification. Intake, headers, exhaust… and a catch can. Hardly. Pre megasquirt I had pretty much the same setup, and I didn't have the crap you're having atm.

Thank you! Thought as much!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB