Barrys Project

• Not got a clear one, posted link to sikhids where u can get some, but the clear ones i have came on the projectors.

http://www.sickhids.com/apps/webstore/products/show/653006

• I know, but maybe for £40 you could take them off and give them to me :D

• hahahaha never happennig, they cost way more than that, sorry. credit for being so optomistic though.

• Fine, didnt want them anyway goes off to sulk :P

• Awww sorry man. Get yourself some projectors to make you feel better :mrgreen:

• Thats the plan! :) but Im not getting the twin headlights, Im going for a retrofit.

• Hello everyone just letting you all know that i do still have an mx-3 just not been able to do much as have been saving to overhaul it, BIG CHANGES COMING!!!!!!

That is all!

• That is one nice looking 3, even better in the flesh as well..

I do love it.

• cant wait to see your updates. When does work begin ?

• Work offically begins as soon as i get back off holiday.. end of 1st week of july not too sure on the dates?

To do or done but not shown:

Full cream leather interior

2.5 straight through, 3.5 tail pipe, straight cut, cylinder back box, wide band boss done at JPperformance who are Epic!

AEM Wideband sensor and gauge (mounted on a pillar)

Emerald ECU ((Mapping by dave walker) Mapping god!)

JDM font lip colour matched

JDM side skirts (which i had to sell my soul for!)

Stainless Sills

New Iridium plugs and leads

Brakes disks and pads all round (new)

Oh and i will DEFO be foxing my front bumper to go with the lip, IMO it looks better than the mazdaspeed one!

Nice mx-3 mats provided by lori as well as a few other chopice items (legend)

Possible custom rear skirt cut from the UK spec lip! Not even looked at that yet!

I have decided to save up for the MFactory diff as marcos has and coilovers will be in the pipeline for future :D :D

• Sweet…im drooling...

• :D Mint 8) :wink:

• I see you ve made a bit of a come back Barry, how's things with the mx? Think you had it up for sale a while ago?

• Yeh its summer and im back had a few personal things going on so not had time to do anything.

Still got the MX3 and love it cant bring myself to sell it so im gonna work through the list on the previous page. It has changed a bit but getting there slowly.

Got a few problems with it:

Need all bushes changed hopefully this summer along with some coilovers should improve handling and need to redo all the brakes (is it just me or are mx-3 brakes terrible?) Also asked marco about his ITB's cos i really wanna go down that route, the video he has on youtube of his 1.8 with them is mental!!!

How bout you garf, i see you finally have marcos diff so should make for a more exiting track day? 8)

• i think marco's itb project was on his ze mate if i remember correctly which i believe he has now scrapped the idea and is going for the BPT engine with 4 wheel drive. i have yet to see this project though and i am seriously intrigued to see it working.

marco = UK genius of the mx3 :P and a top guy too

• I think we've all asked Marco about that ITB set up at this stage :-p Wouldn't mind throwing him a few bob to do it on my k8ze!

Love this car Barry, delighted you're keeping it. Believe it or not, I was very close to putting an offer on this but things just didn't work out the way I hoped! Best of luck with it now!

• yeh nice one guys, it wont matter that his ITB project was on a ze i have one too, i just all his bits to sagve me searching lol.

Yeh even though i put the car up for 2k im not sure i could have sold it, its become a minor celeb in my town and ive seen a few more appear since…

Hopefully i will have some hard cash coming in soon so stay tuned and i will update as i go. really wanna get a few things sorted soon as!

• please do, i enjoy reading the project logs. would also love to see the ITB set up running properly. i can imagine its alot of work and fine tuning but the sound would be unreal

• Glad you've decided to keep it, I'd agree with the standard brakes. I've managed to glow the old ones until they stopped working!. I definately wouldnt put them on a track with a 2.5 behind it. I would go down the upgrade route that marco went. have a look also Weede_klze project page.
    think the itb would be good but your still yern for more power! Think 250bhp is achievable at max in NA. For same money a turbo or supercharger will get you past that.
    To be honest I'd wouldn't even require a LSD on fast road, I've never had trouble getting power down. But on a track you can see the seconds it loosing.
    The LSD is now the only thing that's encouraging me to re build it and get it back on the road. Also rob is selling polycarb rear screen at a reduced rate. ( 150 gbp ) rrp was 195

• yes defo get on that rear screen and diff and get some track vids on here, i loved watching gulf's on his project page.

I was looking at marco's brakes upgrade seems to be the cheapest for best results but i really love your conversion :cheers:

i know what you mean about the bhp situation as im used to the power now, i feel it can take and i can handle a bit more however i dont really fancy the turbo route but the supercharger sounds quite good, however if i could ITB it i would settle for less power.

Finally i had to return my emerald ECU which i am totally gutted about as that was where i would get more power and smoothness from however it is running better now and i cant justify the money for tuning etc.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB