Barrys Project

• @4b16af1866=Jesta:

Are the projectors ready for HID's? Are the Bi Xenon capable Projectors? Want to put HID projectors on mine, did my bike no problem, but I cant find clear lenses to replace the refracted ones with so its looking like this will be the only option, be very interested how you get on witht hem if your gonna HID them

Yes i think is the answer to both your questions but if you look here it should help, im not to great with electricity and lights or try djmarcopolo i think he just got some too - http://www.uk-mx3.com//forum/viewtopic.php?t=3444

Also if you look on this site there is clear glass lenses for your normal lights, i was gonna do this myself but just went for the pro's - http://www.sickhids.com/apps/webstore/products/show/653006

• @68f95334a6=youdirtyfox:

We need some pics of these bad boys on !

Finally got some anyway even though light was bad :D

• they look AWESOME! I want some now. How is the fitment along the body lines? Some people complained the ones with vertical LEDs were a bit gappy around the bottom, but they look amazing in your pics.

• @2abc9a3ca7=Marco:

they look AWESOME! I want some now. How is the fitment along the body lines? Some people complained the ones with vertical LEDs were a bit gappy around the bottom, but they look amazing in your pics.

Im not gonna lie, you cant tell on the pics but yeh they are a bit gappy, i'll try and get a closer pic posted tonight. Im thinkin of getting some rubber edgeing to put round them on the body if you get me to close the gap a bit

• Lights look great. :D

• Cheers :)

• :shock: They look fantastic!

• Seen in the flesh and they look good people.

• @4b4e6c77b4=barrywhite21:

Also if you look on this site there is clear glass lenses for your normal lights, i was gonna do this myself but just went for the pro's - http://www.sickhids.com/apps/webstore/products/show/653006

Awesome, nice one! You say pro's, but you can do a proper bixenon projector retrofit if you buy the projectors and the clear glass. Id be interested to know if the projectors you have do the flip up thing so as to have Hi/Lo from the same projector, if they do, then hell, Ill just buy those instead and save myself the hassle of baking my lights!

• @b5b9da235c=Jesta:

@b5b9da235c=barrywhite21:

Awesome, nice one! You say pro's, but you can do a proper bixenon projector retrofit if you buy the projectors and the clear glass. Id be interested to know if the projectors you have do the flip up thing so as to have Hi/Lo from the same projector, if they do, then hell, Ill just buy those instead and save myself the hassle of baking my lights!

If i understand you right, no they dont mate. There are two sets of lights in each unit, one for full beam and one for dipped, then the LED's are indicators, and halo rings don't do much except look dated :P so i havent connected them.

• @cd3ce1ac3c:

and halo rings don't do much except look dated Razz so i havent connected them.

:lol: good man

• @6b48481efc=Marco:

@6b48481efc:

and halo rings don't do much except look dated Razz so i havent connected them.

:lol: good man

Quit yo jibber jabber, crazy fools! Halo's look sweet on a decent car, they only look naff on a 306/Golf/Saxo/Astra/Corsa/etc.

Yeah Im with you now on what these are. Problem with it is if you HID full beam then itll be awful as the lights take a few seconds to warm up, after that itll be very bright, but then youll have to go back to dip and its gonna seem really dark. The other thing with HID's is that they dont like being turned on and off in quick succesion, so thats not gonna be good if you flash people often.

Im guessing if you put in a bixenon hid into the projector it would just go all to hell as there shouldnt be the metal cage inside the projector, they use convex imaging, so up is down, down is up. If you bulb cage is blocking light going to the top area of the reflector then youll be left with lights that put light into the sky. Thats if there isnt a safety plate to prevent that.

When you have the chance Id be very interested in seeing a beam pattern photo. J

• @d6064b09b5=Jesta:

so thats not gonna be good if you flash people often.

Its not really my thing :P

@d6064b09b5=Jesta:

When you have the chance Id be very interested in seeing a beam pattern photo. J

No problem, tbh its not great and does cut off a small area of light to the outside of the beams however they more than make up for it the looks department.

I think the halos are your own preference, in not to keen but my mate thinks im crazy to not connect them up. Another MARMITE i guess…..

• Tempted to colour match mine with the body
    if I ever got some ('tis the reason I asked if you could take the covers off easily)

Top job, they are lovely!

• Oh yeh that would look good, get it done cover comes off easy.

• You removed the cover? Want to sell it?

• No sorry, you misunderstand… just saying they come off eaqsy enough if you wanted to do so.

• Thats a shame, still, how does £40 sound for selling me them anyway?

• What do you want, the lens covers or the whole light units? and d you mean the clear ones or the normal ones?

• Clear lens

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB