Ryan's MX-3

• I got them from a Presso that was being broken, which is now in the scrapyard missing all it's nice JDM goodies.

But I want more JDM stuff, so will be looking around to see more Presso's for breaking, since I've got a lot of what I want I'll buy the JDM things I don't need and stick 'em up here for whoever wants them. 8) It's rather handy too because most of the MX-3's in Ireland are Jap imports.

• Please do bud,

You could have robbed the bonnet badge as well :P

• Spent a while cleaning my new alloys & Eunos mats today:

Turned out well. Need to find the digital camera again though 'cos the camera on my phone is shite :shock:

Working on the wraparound spoiler tomorrow too, want to get it into primer asap.

And, I'll be finishing up on a little project tomorrow using a spare 3rd brake light I got from the Eunos. It's going to be like this except say "MX-3":

• Finished up with the 3rd brake light mod (which looks awesome) only to attempt to fit it and realise that the car doesn't have one fitted as standard. :evil:

I'll have a gander tomorrow to see if the wiring for one is already there, I'm really hoping it is.

• Looks really good, don't think there is any wiring there for a 3rd brake light but you have to remove the plastics to run a link wire anyway.

• Very nice, I have just received my 3rd brake light today and will try and fit in a couple of weeks

• Dj you got all the plastics to cover it in the boot? I have a spare set you can have.

• Ordered Bilstein shocks, now just need to decide on whether I want Eibach or H&R springs….

I also ordered a certain set of 'skirts that'll look very JDM..... :P :D

Deciding on what tyres to get for the new wheels too, it's looking like I'll get either Toyo T1R's or Vredestein Sportrac 3's. Think I'll go with the Vred's, much better wet weather performance seemingly and only 30/40 quid more for all 4 on camskill. 8)

• Ahh very nice!

Well, eibach make great springs, but the 30mm drop isn't enough IMO. H&R also make great springs and look very nice being -45mm but they're hard going on OEM shocks (which Bilstein are a direct replacement).

I'm keen on T1Rs. I tried the Vredestein something something. They were cheaper ones than T1Rs, and you could tell, I should have tried the sportracs.

• @cdee0ec968=Ryan:

Ordered Bilstein shocks, now just need to decide on whether I want Eibach or H&R springs….

Deciding on what tyres to get for the new wheels too, it's looking like I'll get either Toyo T1R's or Vredestein Sportrac 3's. Think I'll go with the Vred's, much better wet weather performance seemingly and only 30/40 quid more for all 4 on camskill. 8)

I have Toyo T1R's i got them from http://camskill.co.uk/ my size is 195/50/15 very cheap from that site at £30 a tyre

ive got something up with my steering so cant say how good they are on the mx3 but i had them on the mx5 and trying to pull a drift was hard as they had so much grip. pretty good in the wet aswell, All round i rate them very good for there price

• @f02838626a=Ryan:

Ordered Bilstein shocks, now just need to decide on whether I want Eibach or H&R springs….

You gave up on the 100nx idea then? How much would you sell them for if you still have them, I still like the idea ;)

• @bb3ebd7f67=Marco:

I'm keen on T1Rs. I tried the Vredestein something something. They were cheaper ones than T1Rs, and you could tell, I should have tried the sportracs.

Yeah, I remember reading about some of the budget tyres Vred make being complete sh1te, The Sportrac 3's seem to come very highly rated from whoever has used them, even on very high performance cars.

@bb3ebd7f67=DaveMc:

ive got something up with my steering so cant say how good they are on the mx3 but i had them on the mx5 and trying to pull a drift was hard as they had so much grip. pretty good in the wet aswell, All round i rate them very good for there price

They do seem to be very good for the price, I could still give them a go. Still need to read up more on how they get on in the wet, had some comedy chinese tyres on the front of my old 100nx when I got it and they aquaplaned like a hoor, don't want to repeat that experience. :lol:

@bb3ebd7f67=nightstalker:

You gave up on the 100nx idea then? How much would you sell them for if you still have them, I still like the idea ;)

Not so much given up, but too lazy to get them to fit on properly :lol: They are yours though once I get the new ones fitted onto the car. Could be a few weeks mind. Yours for the cost of postage if that suits?

• Im running 195.50.15 toyos T1R on mine (7J riim), think the R stands for reinforced side wall as the old ones (s ithink) used to suffer from sidewall flex quite badly, plus with the toyos you get added bonus of alloy rim protection from the pronounced side wall lip !

My Mx handles brilliantly, seems to have more grip in the corners than my old 205! Cant fault them really for the price I managed to get 4 delivered off ebay for £126 ! there not bad in the wet, but if its just starting raining and the roads are greasy then …...
    only other tyre ive used that i can recommend is the uni-royal rainsports wich i rated :D

• My order for the Bilstein shocks was cancelled by the supplier and no reason given :evil: :evil: So for the record, http://www.eurocarparts.com/ do not have the MX-3 shocks.

Anyone recommend a good (& cheap) supplier of either KYB or Bilstein shocks? Either is fine.

• Right, well I just saved a lot of money, I can get KYB shocks for 40 euro each :shock: :shock: That's about 32/33 quid UK money, which is much cheaper than anywhere on the internet.

I know someone who is off in Poland for 3 weeks and he's getting said shocks from there and bringing them back for me, they are brand new and all that shizz too, not robbed from an old Lada Riva or anything :lol:

I've decided on Eibach springs too, so the 30mm drop should be grand on the KYB's.

• Oh… Any chance of a larger order?

• Not right now since he's there now & buying them with his own money and then I'm to repay him when he is back. He's over and back regularly so I would probably be able to get him to get some for anyone in the future. I'm going to try and get a number/e-mail for whoever/wherever he's getting them from so any of us here who want to avail of cheap shocks can. :D

• Sounds like a winner to me bud :)

• Some boring updates, haven't actually done much though.

Got the new shocks this evening :D just need to fit them now. Sorta wishing I'd saved for a little while longer and just switched to coilovers though tbh. Also finally decided on Toyo T1R's 'cos they are working out a good bit cheaper than I initially thought.

Grabbed some clear side repeaters from a Mazda 6 in the scrappy so want to fit those after it's resprayed, will de-tango the front indicators while I'm at it too. Should be getting the timing belt kit, engine service kit and a couple of other bits from fordprobestore soon. I've EBC Green Stuff brake pads to go on also.

I'll be booking it in for the NCT soon (Irish MOT), so once it's passed that it'll be off to a sprayer to work his magic and make her look sexy again. I'll be soooo glad to have the car back on the road, by end of October I'm hoping.

• My skirts arrived! :D They aren't actually original full length ones, but I worked away with the dremel for a while and chopped some bits off and they are starting to look more and more like the original ones. Which was my original plan. Now they just need more cut out and then fiberglassing.

An MS Paint pic outlining the bits that have been cut off and that are still to be removed:

Then they should look like these:

If anyone wants to do the same these are the ones I ordered:
    http://www.tuning-rs.eu/sklep/?id=7&prodID=612

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB