Ryan's MX-3

• So here she is:

Powerwasher took some paint off the front bumper but i'll get that fixed.

The car is mechnically spot on, but there's a few imperfections in the paint and some dings which I'll get sorted, but it's as good as most 13 year old cars out there and is generally very presentable. Interior is perfect as well.

Here's the plan:
    V6 Alloys
    Early MX-3 front seats
    Strut Braces front and rear
    Eunos Presso front lip
    Clear Side Indicators

I can't imagine I'll do much to the engine, it's punchy enough as it is and if I do decide to do anything with it I'll rip it out and put a BPT into it!

My plans for the next few weeks are to repaint the centre caps in the wheels as the paint has come off them, give the car a good waxing over with my new expensive wax, give the interior a good clean and clean the engine bay. No other plans after that for a while as I'm a broke student! :D

Boring upkeep really compared to all the work other people are doing on their 3's around here!

• some fat rims and a couple of inches off the ride height will completely transform that and as ireland isnt swamped with speed bumps + and cameras and the EU have filled it with brand new roads itll be quite practical.

( I know about that I had 127 out of mine coming from wexford to waterford on the new dual carriageway they had just opened last a year ago at 5am )

If you are looking for alloys, this seller in america posts to Europe for £30 and as euros are almost the same as pounds you would save a fortune

This set for an MX3 cost £330 with Fed Ex postage

most of the wheels in his shop fit an MX3 and he also has a list of the cars + models each wheel will fit
    sellers shop http://shop.ebay.co.uk/intense7674/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

• ryan nice motor mate, for a minute there i thought youd nicked wes lol, but hes save out in the garage, aaaahhhh!

must beg wife for those alloys there mint…

• @12621ce4af=Rainmaker:

ryan nice motor mate, for a minute there i thought youd nicked wes lol, but hes save out in the garage, aaaahhhh!

must beg wife for those alloys there mint…

+1 those rims are fookin well nice, not sure they'd go with my silver 3 like.

Nice looking car Ryan, looks very clean.

• thinks he used a jetwash and it too some paint off.. :roll: :roll:

• that looks well nice. im a little bit jealous :)

• posh wax? cleancar.ie?????

1.6 or 1.8???

• @7eae059fb8=robx1r:

posh wax? cleancar.ie?????

1.6 or 1.8???

The wax is a turtle wax from halfrauds with carnuba wax in it, I have some other stuff as well that i'll use on it, like a claying kit, few shampoo's and some polishes. My next purchase is a tub of Dodo Juice as I hear it's fantastic!

1.6, couldn't insure the 1.8 as I'm only 17 :(

• The best polish I could recommend is a yacht polish that is a little expensive but well worth it, your paintwork stays like it has rainex covering it, it last for a year but the main brightness lasts a good 2 months on good paintwork.

Its this stuff , Star bright marine polish with PTEF
    PTEF is a chemical used for waterproofing canvas and is a type of teflon in the marine industry just this stuff makes the paintwork look the nuts, we use it on racing yachts because its so water repellent it makes the yachts go faster through the water because they have less drag + friction

AVAILABLE FROM HERE
    http://www.theyachtshop.co.uk/items/paint~maintenance-and-electrical/cleaning-materials/boat-cleaning-products/cleaner-wax-36153-h04295-detail.htm

• ehhhhhh….... ptfe is nearly the worst thing you could put near a cars paint work fine if your doing underwater driving but please dont use that crap it'll embed itself into your paint and lift the laqure

• @92577939fd=robx1r:

ehhhhhh….... ptfe is nearly the worst thing you could put near a cars paint work fine if your doing underwater driving but please dont use that crap it'll embed itself into your paint and lift the laqure

I did check with a valeting company if you can use it on cars before hand and they seemed to think it was perfectly fine, on the bottle its stated as fine on painted surfaces and my car hasnt lost any lacquer yet after over a years worth of polishing every 3 months with it.

After a quick search I have found that there are 4 main companies using PTFE +PTEF including turtle wax and car-tek so it cannot be that bad

• black mx with bronze alloys would look the nutz, nice clean motor mate :D

• Finally got rid of the awful gearknob fitted to the car today and put on one from a 323f, so happy days.

But more importantly… Collecting an Eunos Presso front lip on Sunday! :D

It's silver so it will have to get sprayed, but I'd say I'll just fit it to the car anyway. :)

• BLACK FTW

• :? what?

• @6f4fc8f5b9=Rainmaker:

BLACK WTF

I dont get it?

• sorry sorry sorry typo now fixed…

• @3d8b876f40=Rainmaker:

sorry sorry sorry typo now fixed…

Lol, that's what i thought you meant… oh how it can go terribly wrong.

• i know i know wasnt paying attention….

• ouch :!:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB