Dogs and MX-3s…

• **So. Dogs.

My black labrador, Indy, absolutely loves the MX-3s (hated every other car I've ever had, mind) and, despite all appearances, there's plenty of room back there for her. Of course, black labs being black labs, she craves attention and can easily hop over the rear seats and shove her face between the front ones, which is a pain.

As a solution, we put up a bit of bamboo screening as used in gardens. It extends out and snicks into the wee gap between the rear seat and the plastic interior boot trim, using the rear seatbelt clips to "secure" it in place. Naturally this isn't ideal - she can shove her head through the sides and there's some sharp bits on the ends (she appears not to mind this though - something to scritch herself on).

Now we've gone and accidentally ourselves another labrador. There's still no issue with room back there - they can both stand up and walk about with no problems - but it does mean that we need a more permanent solution for a dog guard. Needless to say, there's bugger all on the market to fit a car where the rear seats are in the boot and there's a 20 degree from vertical rake (I guess no-one ever thought someone would take dogs in a hatch coupe).

So. Does anyone else carry dogs in their '3 and, if so, what dog guard do you use?

I've drawn up a custom-fit dog guard, but I'd really rather not crack out the pipe-bender and welder for £4 worth of material if there's a commercially available solution already out there…**

• ive got a jacky-staff and an american bulldog that go in the mx 3 with no problems.
    have you thought about using netting of some sort?

• @9d89843f16=tinyrhino:

ive got a jacky-staff and an american bulldog that go in the mx 3 with no problems.
    have you thought about using netting of some sort?

I've got a Staff Russell too :D

prize winner :lol:

(sorry to photo whore)

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB