DJMARCOPOLO'S - The GREEN RIVET

• awesome stuff! Can't wait :)

• @b9191f264f=Marco:

awesome stuff! Can't wait :)

ditto :bigok:

• Looking forward to seeing her after all the work has been done on her. Looks pretty damn awesome at the moment.

Can you improve perfection? haha
    :respect:

• I am just home after having my arches rolled by arch enemy today and now the wheels can go right up in there if I want to go lower :cheers:

MOT next week and possibly a full terraclean before that :bigok:

• MOT today

failed on 3 items
    NSF CV boot
    OSF track rod end
    Number illegal lmfao

had it all done and retested today so now its money spending time :bigok:

• @9e3fb3fa80=djmarcopolo:

MOT today

failed on 3 items
    NSF CV boot
    OSF track rod end
    Number illegal lmfao

had it all done and retested today so now its money spending time :bigok:

Looking forward to seeing the results, have you seen the Equipe on Ebay?

• haha swift response to those problems! Was that your horizontal front number plate? :lol:

• took 2 hours to fix the faults and the number plate was illegal as it does not face vertically on the front for speed cameras lol
    I still had the old square plate on the bracket so i drilled a hole in the underside of the lip on the MS bumper so it bolts on under there and tomorrow off it comes again lol with no visible hole :cheers:

Got a guy coming down saturday morning to buy a boat have kicking around so thats a nice £600 to put a deposit down and then she is booked in for her work by end of the month :bigok:

• you want these green dials then. should be out my car monday.

• Well today was the day, huge lump of cash out the sky rocket (pocket for those not into cockney slang)
    Booked in for 1st may for the body to be completely smoothed and no more parking dents etc anywhere then prepped ready for the rest of the work, got to finalise colours tonight then big day is friday 10th May just in time for a big cruise on near me in portsmouth on the 12th

This MX-3 will never look the same again :D

• I'm guessing some sort of vinyl wrap?

• @84c9a4979e=mx3gulf:

I'm guessing some sort of vinyl wrap?

OOH yeah,m its a full custom wrap thats in design at the moment plus a few other bits at the same time inckudin a full relacquer on the carbon bonnet and some paintwork tool

• This is sounding very Fast & Furious! Intrigued to see the outcome…

Make sure you get that suspension levelled out nicely for maximum effect :bigok:

• just chosen colours :cheers:
    there is a graphic designer working on it and the idea will hopefully look amazing when done, you will not see another car like it and im soo excited, completely original which should get some magazine attention.
    i get the proofs on friday for the final go ahead

BAD NEWS - with what I am having done I have to lose the equipe logos :shock:
    i will be taking all measurements etc to have a pair recreated

SAM
    now i will be slamming it down for the Havant cruise @ B&Q in May 12th if you wanna show up, usually 4-500 cars there every event on a sunday evening from 6pm would be good to see your car there sam, it would get photographed a lot there and i think fast car is attending this one for a mention n a forthcoming edition as its getting to big to ignore now :respect:

• yesterday was the big day so my garden looks empty without the equipe in the back :x

Last week stripped the belt tensioners off and took them to solent bearings and had brand new bearings fitted in them for the princely sum of £9 each so the engine is nice and quiet when running.
    I can now hear the bearings in the waterpump are a bit noisy so yet again another cambelt change on the cards very soon and could be the source of the vanishing water from the system as I had ignored it before as it was all brand new when the KL-ZE was fitted and have never had a puddle under the car but its possible its getting past when the water pressure is up ad the car is running, thats another £150 on her.

Took delivery of the new rear bumper today, its not massively different to stock is just a little lower at the sides and a bit squarer but should sit nicely with the twin exhaust system being fitted in May. I had to import that from poland and its arrived with a little damage that has to be sorted now
    The car is in JS Services near me having all the dents removed by a panel beater, any body rust sorted and treated, the MS bumper being stripped and sorted due to lack of keying on the first paint job and starting to peel and he is now fitting the new rear bumper and mounting and prepping the bumper and body for the vinyl wrap. He is also stripping all the metal grills and spraying them to match one of the main colours on the car so eveything will now be tied in.
    The car is then being transported to wraptition for a complete vinyl wrap, its a custom design that they are struggling to get right as its almost completely original and never been done before so should make this car a complete one off worldwide.
    Also having the uk-mx3.com logo sorted for along the side skirts quite subtly so any photos will have the site address in it
    Cant wait, only a week to go til I get her back, then its refit the skirts and top spoiler, new exhaust mounted and she is being revealed at a local show on the 12th May along with the team who worked on it to grab some work lol

cant wait to post the pics up :D :D :D

• awesome stuff! Nice to see an mx3 getting some serious love :bigok:

• Look forward to the pics

• %^&*^ )*£"$ *%%^&

not happy, the bumper I purchased online for an MX-3 turns out to be 17cm wider than the car itself, I guess they made a very cheap mold and left it stood on its points for a long time then made a batch that is just a bucket of sh&te as the center lines up but the rest is a shocker as it was made to order so i can see another court case looming as they are being cocks about it

because of these problems I have had an old sh!tt£r of a bumper cut up and modified to look a lot better and will have a nice subaru diffuser mounted in it too to to get the back end lower :x

Lets hope it comes out ok as i didnt plan it to be with this bumper, due to this b0ll0x the car is not ready today and wont be at the show in pompey tomorrow :(

next week it has its new exhaust, new induction system parts ad some other bits done, then skirts on and itll be ready for next weekend

then a week later it will get its debut at National Modifieds now

Lets hope its sunny after all this work as I intend to get sh!7faced there because of the money i have haemorridged recently on this I need to get some stress out my life Grrr :(

• 17CM? Dafuk?

• yup, the rear tabs all line up ok then the wheel arches are out by 8cm each and being laminated like that you have no hope of it ever fitting

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB