ANY INFO ON THE MX-3 EQUIPE

• @d1f845bfa6=djmarcopolo:

Just to update, I have now found a sales brochure for the equipe. :)

ok…so the pics of this brochure?? :D

• Sorry, tried everything to keep the flash reflection off, this is the best of a lot

• just front and back?

• Thats it, usually these are about 6 pages but I suppose it wouldnt make economic sense to make them for a car on a 3 month run

• Hi guys, I'm a newbie here, I've just bought the MX-3 Equipe that djmarcopolo posted a link to! I love it!

I've got a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help me out with:

There's a few things that i need to sort out, firstly, the passenger side front fog light, i need a new lens as the current one is cracked, anyone know where i can get one from?

Also, where can i get a key to unlock/remove the wheel centres? its like a locking wheel stud shaped key, but not actually on the wheel stud. (if that makes sense)

djmarcopolo a question for you - in your post where you put the link to the SMC website, the bit about the valeters quote, the engine having a major service, brakes need doing etc… is that for your car, or the one in the link (my car :D)?

• **I'd wager that this key will probably still be with the car in one of four places:

1. Glove box (too obvious, I know)
    2. Centre console (the cubby or the little flip up one below the stereo)
    3. Driver's side coin store (above the bonnet release - I didn't even know this existed until I'd had the car 18 months)
    4. Spare wheel well.**

• I'll take that wager, i could do with some extra cash…..

Tried all of those, nothing doing.

I have managed to bodge my way around it with a couple of screwdrivers, but does somewhat make me look like i'm nicking the wheels!

• **I didn't say I was wagering cash… :D

If it's not tucked away somewhere in the car or paperwork, you'll probably be looking at a trip to a Mazda dealer with either the car or a wheel (and a V5C and your driving licence) for a replacement part.

Nice variant, the Equipe. Though I'd have to remove the lime green strip from the sides - Noble Green is too nice a colour to sully like that.**

• @2b6bf8e296=tk240z:

Hi There's a few things that i need to sort out, firstly, the passenger side front fog light, i need a new lens as the current one is cracked, anyone know where i can get one from?

I see quite a few on Ebay or maybe you can check your local wreckers… also maybe one of the guys has one on here. I think you can post a WTB (want to buy) to see if anyone has one.

• @f8debc0a68=tk240z:

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here, I've just bought the MX-3 Equipe that djmarcopolo posted a link to! I love it!

I've got a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help me out with:

There's a few things that i need to sort out, firstly, the passenger side front fog light, i need a new lens as the current one is cracked, anyone know where i can get one from?

Also, where can i get a key to unlock/remove the wheel centres? its like a locking wheel stud shaped key, but not actually on the wheel stud. (if that makes sense)

djmarcopolo a question for you - in your post where you put the link to the SMC website, the bit about the valeters quote, the engine having a major service, brakes need doing etc… is that for your car, or the one in the link (my car :D)?

Hiya, hope you bought a good one, there's not many around of the equipes as far as I can find it was less than 100 for the whole of europe and that one had the aircon added as an extra.
    The center caps on mine seem to just open with a screwdriver too, I dont know if you wheels are standard as mine are a mess and on the list of things to do, the alloys where painted silver up to the fake studs on the rim, along that band and to the outer rim the wheels were polished alloy and lacquered and that was the main identity with the 323 (green??) paint job.
    If you look in the UK ONLY section of the site, you will find there was someone selling a set of fog lights quite cheap, if not ebay have quite a few being broken at the moment.

As for the bits being done to my vehicle, I have a local valeters booked to do the seats only for £20 for the lot as mine are quite dirty and the valeter says he has stuff to make them look like new. The tear in the seat I am having done by a guy who does yacht covers, to replace the damaged leather I have bought a pair of leather trousers that match perfectly from a charity shop for £3.20. If I remove the seat cover myself he will repair the whole of one side on the drivers seat for £20 and match in the turquoise stitching that is unique to the equipe.
    The major service my dad ended up doing, its a big job changing the cambelt and just the 2 of us spent 14hrs in total doing it and water pump (recommend you do both in one hit soon if you have no history of it being done)
    The best way is to get the cambelt and waterpump yourself from a motor factors, then look for a mobile mechanic that does not have the overheads, my dad is a mobile mechanic and he quotes £150 - 200 for the labour to do an mx3 cambelt + waterpump - MAZDA charge near on £700

Just PM me if you anymore info Famine

I have posted pics of mine in the mx3 project section, start your own project page off and lets have some pics of it
    http://www.uk-mx3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2327

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB