1.8 V6 CAMBELT NEWS

• Just so you all know that the end of 2009 the main producer of non genuine cambelts to the motor trade stopped producing MX3 1.8 V6 Cambelts in Europe due to lack of sales.
    This means all stock that is currently on shelves is all that is available and very soon the only place to buy will be direct from mazda or from abroad.

• Blueprint? Gates?

Cheers for the heads up…
    Though should be alright can use the probe, 626, mx6, xedos 9 etc belts. I'm sure fordprobestore.co.uk will save the day :)

• BLUEPRINT have stopped production !!

Remember they all work off product codes so that particular code has stopped being produced so that means all engines that code fits has now been stopped.
    I know because my father is in the trade and he could not get one from them anymore think the one he got was a gates but it was £51 for belt alone not the usual £23

• I have no problem with supply of belts.

• @eaed8dc069=Roc:

I have no problem with supply of belts.

Thank Frack for that, I'm going to need one soon!

• @3df5e9fb4c=djmarcopolo:

BLUEPRINT have stopped production !!

Remember they all work off product codes so that particular code has stopped being produced so that means all engines that code fits has now been stopped.
    I know because my father is in the trade and he could not get one from them anymore think the one he got was a gates but it was £51 for belt alone not the usual £23

He was ripped off then, Gates belts are expensive, but £44 from me, not £51, what a joke price.

I have Dayco belts for £23, a good belt, especially at the price.

Mazda brand belts are Gates belts too as far as I know.

• As I understand it the belt on the 1.8 is the same as the 2.0 and 2.5 (same block , heads , cam wheels , tensioner …............ same cam belt covers , same valve covers ...........)
    I think you get the picture - no need to panic , if your local supplier cant get a timing belt for a 1.8 V6 - just get one for a 2.0 or 2.5 .

Any body know different ?

• @e8c70f73e4=clairetoo:

As I understand it the belt on the 1.8 is the same as the 2.0 and 2.5 (same block , heads , cam wheels , tensioner …............ same cam belt covers , same valve covers ...........)
    I think you get the picture - no need to panic , if your local supplier cant get a timing belt for a 1.8 V6 - just get one for a 2.0 or 2.5 .

Any body know different ?

It's the same belt with the same part number. I keep dozens on the shelf, so even if you get stuck, I can supply.

• www.eurocarparts.com sell them. continental make. i got mine from them. i think theyre still being made in germany. good price too if you wanna check it out.

• @5290997a39=kaiserno.12:

www.eurocarparts.com sell them. continental make. i got mine from them. i think theyre still being made in germany. good price too if you wanna check it out.

Conti belts are reasonable, not at the same level as Gates though.

Eurocarparts don't have them listed today, just checked, was interested in their pricing, but they no longer list timing belts.

Anyhow, I keep Dayco and Gates in stock, loads of them, so supply will not be an issue.

• they dont have them listed anymore, but the belts are £28. i had to get a replacement one the other day.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB