Sam's Proper MX-3 - LT Turbo project *Parting out*

• Nice! Make sure you etch prime before putting enamel on

• You made it out of aluminum, I would send that out for black anodizing!! :) Looks great bud!

• Mmm Ano. would be luxury, might have to do that! Had enough of paint lately…

Shots of my new wheels together with caps & emblem.

• the wheels look great mate, love the centre caps too.
    shall look well on the car.

• Fantastic project, love the wheels :)

• Ahh shiney new wheels, cant beat it :D Looks good :cheers:

• Cheers chaps do appreciate the comments and support. Picked up 2 x 205/45 Barum Brav2 tyres with 6mm of tread of ebay recently just waiting for them now and the mission that will be finding someone to fit a bit of stretch and not scratch the rim up either!

Installed the rear bung after a prime up, plastikote matt black fitted up silicone on the back.

Someone said of mx3.de that @6a96e819bc:

Ohjeeee. . . interfere with the emblem, then what was with the antenna and now you bother even the rear wiper.
    Soon the mirrors are off or how. . . This is not normal, you have all this contagious'' VW Golf disease ''. . . You should go to Professor Toshi, who is giving you the remedy before it even goes to her times. . .

Thought it was very clever and funny :D

• Really!. After the years worth of euro trash mx3 sculptures they are hardly one to comment.
    Lets get drugged up on some German techno and fuck our cars up !.

• Yeah I never thought about it like that, think He was a noob anyway.

• O, man I have got to come on here more often. Your wheels are spot on and that flush wiper delete is great looking. Props man. :shock:

• Cheers Aaron, shame to hear you are leaving the fold your MX is/was sick Bro.

Installed chromed nickel bolt in valves and polished up the centre cap bolt
    just to match up.

Also painted and installed my modified Vauxhall hatch shade.

• Need more pictures!! looks great from here.

• Tbh that is the best angle haha. Now its on it does look a little on the small side compared to the hatch garnish. Think I will go back to my original plan and fabricate another from Aluminium and sell this one on if any ones interested PM me..
    I need one in my life that's more like this.

Different angles though Bro!

• Your wheels are amazing looking!

• Thanks Marc just got hold of a pair of Eagle F1's making 4 tyres in total YO> 1 x part worn @6.5mm and 1 x new one (hurt payin for that!) Going to keep the wheels fresh with some poorboys sealent aswell.

Was time to do the front brakes today as the pad had gone past the friction material and was now metal on metal! Pagid discs & pads fitted(£95), OE quality Anodized surface to the disc which is going to make some noise wearing off supposedly. Had a brake winder tool but ended up using a G-clamp and a alu. drift to push piston back in. Sliders where also unseized in the process.

To the pic.

Had to be done!

• That is going to look so goood!

• Oooh yeah, should not have to wait too long for full car pics either. Had the fronts mounted up today both rear tires/wheels should be on by the weekend,
    here is a little taster…

• looking good!! Love the wheels!! :respect:

• That is some serious beef. !.
    Really look good. Can't wait to see finished pics.

• Cheers Guys! Yeah the difference between 195 on a 8" & 205 on a 9" does seem quite substantial. Inner plastic arches are getting a serious case of friction burn might have to just remove them! Car does turn corners though…slowly for now hahaha

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB