Ecotek valve

• anyone fitted one?there is no example for the v6 on their website and in their forum they went all technical with bleed nipples drilling them out wider,cuttin into water jackets etc :shock: so in the very simplest of terms,with pretty pictures,could u help me lol?:D or should i sell the dam thing on ebay as i got it very cheap anyways:)
    Amien

• Ecotec, drilling out, lol

Mate it goes on the Inlet manifold - Brake Servo Pipe, 2 mins to fit…..

Cut pipe and slide it in, then clip it......

Im not sure how effective they are mind.....

• was after reading this little beaut
    http://www.ecotekplc.com/phpBB/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5845&sid=520dd25ce1d2f4d5979d538c32b5ed12
    so just the one cut will do the job nicely?cheers mate
    Amien

• Iv read that thread and for extreme practiclity they are right, however our cars like all others but especcialy V6 use more fuel when being booted, the whole inlet manifold opens via the VRIS solenoids on the back of the inlet manifold which open up the internal passages via actuated flaps.

If you want to do it the easy way you can use the brake servo pipe but for all round running as mentioned in that thread you can install it pre front/rear manifold split if you wish to. The 4mm bleed nipple is refering to the size of hole effective for the Ecotec to work sufficiently as smaller will not create enough turbulence to be effective.

It depends how far you want to go with it, if i was staying N/A i would get the plastic bottom spun out of alluminium and mount it just after the throttle body…...

• easy option sounds good to me:D thanks for the help again mate,Amien

• hay mate, any pics on how and where you did this ?

Same thing here got the damn valve free and cant fit it, really dont wanna bore holes and stuff….

• Hey Guys, here is where i have mine, close to the Brake Servo as its out the way there…Took it out so you can see..

Dont worry about fitting, its easy, its just a Spring Valve 8)

Here is the Ecotec, once installed to set it up you must start your car up / wait untill engine idle drops after the engine is warm / wind open the Top part of the Ecotec Screw untill you hear a vaccum sound / twist it back 1/4 turn (90deg) before the vaccum sound is there / Lock the screw with the lock nut underneath (just hand tight) / You should not be able to hear a vaccum sound now if you have closed it enough / Rev the engine and when the revs drop you should hear the sound / Done :D

Below Pic of Ecotec with top adjustable part, and the small locking nut (looks like a small ring) Inside there is a spring with a plastic disc on the end, thats it! This is so the valve can work for all cars because all engines draw a different ammount of air so you can adjust the spring for your engine.

• thanks matey, that where i thought it whent but wasnt 100% sure, and also the rasp was kinda weird on it, tbh i started it and sh*t meself coz of the noise so removed it again :P

• brilliant!thanks alot mate:D so have u noticed much of an increase in fuel economy?

• I think they do work, not enough to get excited over. The only plus is the V6's run Rich at high revs so a little more air getting in after the AFM cant be that bad 8)

• if your fitting this to a v6 DONT do wot i just done, and cut your pipe at the bend the thing has a none return valve in there and nub nuts here just cut his right on top of it and spent 1.5hrs getting it out and relocating it back into the pipe….... hopfully im safe tho as its back in on the side it should just alot shortter than before :P

just have to tune the fecking thing and im fine :)#

Fingers crossed

• ooooh,i just fitted mine too…right on the bend:s must have been lucky and missed it.it was rasping when tuning it so im guessin i was lucky :? tell me if u notice any difference in fuel costs whilst ur out and about please leq.its got plenty of good reports but with my car being off road i cant find out for myself :(

• np m8, check wot side you got it on, coz if your on the wrong side of the value it wont do shit, ill post you a pic of where i put mine and where not to….

on V6 you should be closer to the engine than the servo

• well for once i was lucky then:) did it JUST past the bend towards the engine.pic would be appreciated neways tho:)

• np m8, im gonna take her a test drive just now so ill do it once back

• www.streetcruizers.co.uk/l.jpg
    www.streetcruizers.co.uk/m.jpg

Have no idea why but images thingy wont work so had to leave them as links

• hopin i put past the non returnm valve then :? cheers for the pics:)

• hmm weird noise, ok i know they say these things are suppose to rasp, but it make it sound like there is somthing wrong with me engine, sound almost like taking a ballon, blow it up and pull the neck apart to get that funny squeek noise, is this it just bedding in or does this noise stay all the time, or have i just done somat wrong?????

it stop as the car idles but when slowing down or braking its there?????

• in my instructions it says to tighten it just past the point where it rasps,and yea, thats the noise lol:p

• hmmm looks nice, but is it worth the crapp noise time will tell

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB