MDM MX3 3 stage project, neone wana roba bank with me ha ha

• Be nice to see some pics of the car?

• Ya defo, not much change but be good to see a progress report sort of thing,

Ill try attach them to a site somewhere so, not great at this whole computer/internet/link stuff lol

• @dbc51fd033=MDM_MX3:

Ya defo, not much change but be good to see a progress report sort of thing,

Ill try attach them to a site somewhere so, not great at this whole computer/internet/link stuff lol

add me on msn, and send me the pictures ill put them up for you mate, easy as that way :)

• hey lads, just having a small problem, ye might be able to help me out,

to start the car when the engine is cold i have to disconnect the engine coolant sensor near the coolant cap. reconnect it when it warms up.

Now my K8 had two engine coolant sensors near the car(3 prong) and a 2 prong sensor.

Now my KLZE curved neck engine has only one, could this be the prob too??

Also note my K8 ecu is not chipped yet

Please help asap as im getting it back friday from the garage.

• Luckly my K8 and KL both had 2 sensors so the loom plugged straight in. Dont suppose there is a blank on your KL that the sensor can go in is there.

Dont think that using the unchipped K8 ECU would cause cold start issues.

Sorry cant be of much help to you. :cry:

• Cheers mechanic,

Would you think it be okay to drill a second hole in the same posistion that the k8 2nd sensor was?????

• my k8 and kl have both sencers you can allays take off the inlet and swap the water pipe with the 2 sencers on

• @c40d6d8b9a=james:

my k8 and kl have both sencers you can allays take off the inlet and swap the water pipe with the 2 sencers on

There you go there is the answer lol.

• @af71b7db7d=james:

my k8 and kl have both sencers you can allays take off the inlet and swap the water pipe with the 2 sencers on

That's what I did, then after it was installed I saw that I didn't even need it :lol:

Yes you could drill and tap and put the sender in, you will see the flat metal where it should be. Just make sure no shavings get around or your water pump etc won't be around for long. Ideally take it off. Other option would be to get an inline adapter for temp senders - cut coolant hose in half, insert inline sender thing.

• do you think the reason i cant start the KLZE is because i only have one sensor marco?

If i put in the second would it work perfectly????

• Good chance that its not running right becasue of the missing sensor.

• Mechanic here's a good one for you,

just rang agrage to arrange pick up, the price is gone up by 250. I had problems with my clutch and they said it was the slave clutch cylinder, but now they r saying its the clutch master cylinder.

i checked out the workshop manual, it only looks like there is one cylinder in the clutch system and that it works off the breaking master cylinder.

Would you have any input into this i think they are trying to get money back from time lost fixing a problem that was their fault from day one(putting the CPS on wrong)

cheers,

Ps its open to everones input

• To replace the clutch release (slave) cylinder is a half hour job at most and that includes bleeding it. Its held onto the gear box by 2 bolts that are easily accesable.

The brake pedal pushes directly into the master cylinder which is bolted onto the fire wall. Its not very big compared with most cylinders. Even so its still pretty easy to get to.

Hope they are not trying to make up for lost profit with a problem they had created. But unfortunatly people do do it. :roll:

• where did you leave the car in if i can ask????

• Well lads, for the 7 hours of high torque driving and the hour of massage needed to help my whip lash lol, my car wont start lol.

Still using the K8 ecu, when the engine is cold the K8 ecu keeps the pulse on the injectors high and hence flooding my engine.

Just waiting for the ecu to come on sale again,

ANY IDEAS Where TO GET ONE !!!!!!!

Buying the MAP ECU2 next month and an amazing thing happened at college the other day….....

the head of the department of engine development said he love to tune my engine:)

So ne suggestions on where to buy KL31 or KL36 ecu as when i get it im sending off my K8 to be chipped.

Hit me back, im egar to get back into her lol

• I know trctor day performance will install and map for motec m4 2k and claim you'll see 30% increase in power!

• well well well, just bought my ECU, went with a KL36 and when i get it ill send off my k8 ecu to be chipped.

ALSO NEWS JUST IN>>>>>>>

THERE are now MX3 halo LIGHTS. Cant believe it. my jaw dropped. anyone buy them yet??

Pics to come once car is running perfectly.

• DO NOT BUY THE LIGHTS THEY ARE LHD ONLY AND ARE ILLEGAL AND USELESS FOR THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WE DRIVE ON

• ah thats sucks, good save robx1r. they beter hurry up with our ones though, im getting ichy to improve my run down look

• @ mdm i have noticed lag of pictures in your thread!!!!

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB