• about 20 mins :shock: :D

• not sure how long takes. but i the mine will crusie along at 90 around 3500 revs. then foot down from there.

dont dare here with vid on roads here, can be a bit trickey. and will only push it when im on own in car. but mate has followed me in his civic. he got to 125 and could not keep up. will see what i can do when i get a good dry day and a bit of extra cash for fuel.

ps not sure if makes any diff. but SE here.. and thats going off door sticker mazda system and the stupid insurances. everytime give plate they say owww SE. thats group 15 etc

• it didn't take that long, i was on the mot…err private road :lol:

but it did burn out my fuel pump wiring :? i didn't get a video, its just before the red line though :lol:

• well the only reason I question it is because there was a big thread debating if a k8 could make it over 140, etc….

this is my vid in my klze to 140...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv9HqAJ8deo

• well the question is answered, it can…just no proof, it'll make 145 with enough road before hitting the limitor

• I dont understand. I have a '98 1.8v6 and at 130mph indicated, it is at 7000rpm in 5th. It is impossible to do 140mph, as it will hit the rev limiter. I have a photo of mine at 130, on the way to the ring in germany.

• mine should do 140 but not risk it 135 is most i will push her. but after alot of phone calls mine is an se so not sure if the extra hp helps

• Extra hp on SE? What am i missing out on then?? I will try and hit the limiter this weekend (off to ring this saturday) on the way there. You could also work out rpm by going 70mph (take an rpm reading) then double the rpm reading, and this will give you rpm at 140mph. (subject of course to dial inaccuracies.

• bare in mind speedos aren't entirely accurate especially with non OEM rims and OEM size tyres aren't on. Try it with a GPS. I know my speedo adds 4/5mph at 70mph.

• marco you are correct. not sure what way excatly what the size of the rims affect the top end. but i think its that if you go for shorter size rims it increases your take off speed. and larger top rims is for better top end.

with the SE 1.8 v6 you get about 144hp.

from front page

K8 It produced 130 hp in UK trim (sometimes referred to as "K8-DE"), and 135 hp in Japanese trim (the "K8-ZE") on introduction in 1991 and 144 hp (108 kW) and 115 ft.lbf (157 Nm) at its best

• @bf8fcd225b=Mooneggs:

well the only reason I question it is because there was a big thread debating if a k8 could make it over 140, etc….

this is my vid in my klze to 140...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv9HqAJ8deo

How did you remove the limiter?

:wink:

• oh yer, forgot to mention, mine had 17's on :oops:

• @81939e9bf4=pdtrewern:

I dont understand. I have a '98 1.8v6 and at 130mph indicated, it is at 7000rpm in 5th. It is impossible to do 140mph, as it will hit the rev limiter. I have a photo of mine at 130, on the way to the ring in germany.

would you care to post to photo? :)

• the actual limitor on mine only kicked in at around 7200-300RPM, im not sure if its designed like that, or the rev counter is out with the ECU one?

• there should be 2 limiters:

1 for the speed (speed limiter)
    1 for the tach so it doesn't blow the engine (rev limiter)

• arr, maybe mine only had an engine limitor, i was surprised when i got it into the red, and just assumed it was out :?

• Just got back from my ring trip, she does 135mph at 7250rpm (not quite the limiter) got a photo too, but no web space to show you guys??

• @53155c522b=Mooneggs:

there should be 2 limiters:

How did ya remove the JDM 118 mph speed limiter, because it is like hitting a wall with that still working?

• @c83c92ca70=Mechanic:

@c83c92ca70=Mooneggs:

there should be 2 limiters:

How did ya remove the JDM 118 mph speed limiter, because it is like hitting a wall with that still working?

sorry mechanic I never responded to your original question :oops:

I did not remove it but rather when I bought my ecu years ago the guy asked if I wanted it removed or not and I told him to remove all the limiters and autofans :) not sure how he did it lol - alot of help I am :roll:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB