Mechanic's - Track/Street Project

• gota custom made rear cage that would look good in that :lol:

• are those the full lether seats ?
    i want some :(

• No unfortunatly they are only part leather seats, goona fit my my new front brakes today so should have dam good stopping power…

• would even like half lethers

• @67f5919a3b=james:

would even like half lethers

like my half leather seats back ones have a bit of leather and the fronts don't lol its a bit bizarre

• My brakes are all bed in now, stop very well but they are bloody noisy.

Had a slight exhaust blow on my rear can so decided to weld it up, so put the car on the ramp and noticed that my centre section had also fractured so i went ahead and repaired them both.

Looked at my CAT and it had melted inside and had blocked most of the flow, which i used as a good excuse to knock the monolith out.

Sounds really nice a peek revs now..(rev counter revs over 8000 rpm sure thats not right, got 70 out of second?) will have to try and post a sound clip.

These are the discs i ordered very good +++ Just incase any one wanted a cheaper option.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MX3-1-6-1-8-24v-Drilled-Grooved-Brake-Discs-Front-Rear_W0QQitemZ290211805476QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290211805476

Also diagnosed rev problem it was a ECU fault managed to get one off e-bay for £1.50 so hopefully be here soon…

• Fitted ECU and it behaves it self alot better, had to replcae my PCV valve as it was worn and casuing funny idling. Only a few more works till track day will try get some good photos

• Done me track day had a great time, i thought my MX3 was good on the road, but on the track it is awsome.

Had a few good battles, overtook on the straights VR6 Golf, 2.5 vectras, xr2i's, 3.0 Senators. To name but a few but it was in the bends that it really shined. :twisted:

These were nearly new at the start 250 miles of track time and they were a bit scrubbed. :lol:

This was the layout of the course a little over 4 miles long.

Had to tape up me headlamps didnt want any stone chips, looks like a bug…...

Me on the track, had a few more but they were blurry, got a couple of vids just trying to work out how to get of me digi cam.

• that looks like a completely different colour in the last pic!

you did a good job to overtake a VR6!

how much did the whole day cost including track time, petrol etc.?

• is that still with the k8 engine or with a 2.5 ltr swap

• I followed the VR6 round the corner and managed to overtake with exit speed, luckly my girl friend was my co-driver who was showing me what lines to take.

It cost £70 for the day got about 4 hours on the track with open pits. Used 60 litres of V-max.

Still the standard K8, but in negotiations with wilko for his lump so hopefully in the next couple of months should be running a KLZE. :D

At 4.20 you see me on the left trying to keep up lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIDk9Cb-35Y

• wow that skyline is FAST! once you get a klze you will see a huge improvement :D

• @8e2571cf4c=Mooneggs:

wow that skyline is FAST! once you get a klze you will see a huge improvement :D

There were a pair of works supras there both running massive power they were doing 180+ on the straights. They sounded like jet engines when the turbos were spooling up.

:shock:

• I don't know if I would trust thse U-clamps to hold in the harnesses…. You could double back the straps and secure it that way like most ppl do, thats how I did mine I show you. Just a sugestion! Reminds me of my gutted 323!

• @58b209638f=lambomx3:

I don't know if I would trust thse U-clamps to hold in the harnesses…. You could double back the straps and secure it that way like most ppl do, thats how I did mine I show you. Just a sugestion! Reminds me of my gutted 323!

I tested the clamps by towing the car backwards across the yard by one. Pretty dam strong lol. I cant loop them as they are treble stitched ends that dont unloop from the brackets.

But like you say they dont look strong but well tested.

• Got my down pipes heat treated with fire coat, started plumbing my oil cooler in.

• Good work :) Did you block the egr on the header? I was hoping to find a bolt to fill it but alas I may have to just weld it shut! Where did you buy your oil cooler?

• I cut the old egr union filled it with weld and screwed it into the new pipe.

Got the cooler from a friend and bought the sandwich plate from Garfy1981.

Bought the pipes from ebay for £20.

• Lowered the car 40mm today, looks alot better. Makes the ride sharper.

Also picked up another set of rims, not sure what Mazda they used to go on?

• airfield near Norwich, with a 3-4 mile track and a 1 mile straight.

where was this please mate, im in Norwich and would loike to know!!plz

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB