Where are they

• @special-edition
    Thanks for your response,there is the usual plate in the engine bay ,but another plate riveted on the door sill ,I didn't add that it is a 96 model and I guess it could be towards the end of the production run ,it also has airbags and the Mazda immobiliser system .It was originally purchased from a dealer in Yarmouth by a lady ,and its stayed in Norfolk all its life
    Regards
    Mushman

• Hi
    It,s been great having a comparison discussion about our "Special Editions".
    Im hoping to attend a show with it during 2024 as i have never seen one being displayed before.
    Best Regards!

• @special-edition
    I did a local motor show last year ,the guy who organised it said when I arrived what is it ,then later when I parked it and opened the bonnet,the same guy said to me "it's got a V6 engine did you fit it ? "
    I am not going back next year .
    I bought it 5 years ago off eBay very cheaply ,the guy who advertised it put a buy now price on it ,It was local so I rang up about it ,and the guy said I have someone coming to look at it today ,I said so what if I or anybody else buys it now , obviously the guy didn't understand how Ebay works .The prospective buyer didn't turn up ,and I got a call from the seller ,I said I'll buy it right now .I picked it up and drove it home ,it was MOT'd and it had some tax,there was full service history,Two weeks later the seller and two friends came to see me and asked if he could buy it back.Last year my wife drive it to Yorkshire to assist my sister in law selling my late brother in law's Mini,a guy arrived in a Jensen interceptor ,saw the MX and enquired who's it was .,my wife said its my husbands ,to which the guy replied I'll give you 5 k for it now ,I still have both .
    Mushman

• @mushman What a great story!
    You had enough foresight to realize a bargain of an underrated modern classic.
    The Mazda MX3 range can never be overshadowed by the rivals. But it,s certainly out numbered.
    I often look at the "Classic" glossy magazine,s for reviews or comparison test,s but have only seen one group test around three year,s ago!
    And it came out top!

• @special-edition
    I had originally the 1.6 automatic mx3 but it got written off ,I liked it so much that when this one came up I grabbed it .I have become a bit of and addict ,I have a very rare diecast model of a mx3 ,I also regularly trawl through eBay and have bought some parts that are almost impossible to get easily,I have a pair of mirrors,a pair of rear lights,a headlight,a spare distributor,and two rear calipers ,and other bits ,I replaced the rear shock absorbers and rebuilt the front brake calipers as one was sticking,and replaced the distributor ,apart from that its ok I do get the occasional sticking tappet but thats down to not getting nice long runs.
    Mushman

• @mushman Ive owned my SE for nearly ten years now and also have a healthy NOS Mazda parts collection.
    I was so lucky to get as new headlights with the chrome reflector base as fitted to the early MX 3 rather than the normal silver base headlights.
    Finding NOS parts on ebay now is getting a bit thin on the ground but my local dealer is pretty good at getting what i need.
    Looking forward to getting out in it again when spring arrives!

• @special-edition
    Getting parts is becoming a headache,and won't get any easier,I have found that getting new brake repair kits are easy as they seem to be universal.You probably know the tie up between Ford and Mazda and that some Mazda parts are used on the Ford Probe or vice/versa So the rumour goes that the Ford Probe flopped because it was front wheel drive ,and the Americans didn't like front wheel drive .I had an MX5 MK1 prior to the Mazda MX3s and there are no shortage of parts for them ,it's a shame that parts aren't interchangeable.
    Regards
    Mushman

• @mushman
    Hey I have just registered, I just bought mine a couple months ago

• @niki12111111
    Hi and welcome, which model have you bought?

• Great to have a new member,I have found this site of enormous help in the past ,as I hope it will be for you
    Mushman

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB