6 speed gear box

• @0bed240270=Phobea:

Surely for 5th gear top speed is a bit more important than acceleration though. It is for me anyway. All preference at the end of the day tho.

With my KLZE I'm using a tranny from a 626 (not sure if you have those over there but same gearing as the mx-6). I've had my kl36 ecu modified with no rev limiters or fuel cutoff… fastest I've been in the mx-3 is 154mph and I didn't want to go much faster than that :D I'm sure that's very close to the limit though... maybe squeeze out another 6mph... not sure though

• we certainly do, but they aint the most popular car :lol:

• my standard k8 takes me up to 140 its an m reg ( 95 ) but useing the vin its a 93

• @93955f4195=Mooneggs:

With my KLZE I'm using a tranny from a 626 (not sure if you have those over there but same gearing as the mx-6).

Does the whole box just slap on? All G series - so all good? Or did you have to take them apart and swap internals etc?

• @dd1e86f959=Marco:

Does the whole box just slap on? All G series - so all good? Or did you have to take them apart and swap internals etc?

I just slapped the whole tranny right onto the klze. The only thing I had to do was move one of the studs on the top for the tranny mount!

If you want a higher top speed this is the tranny to go with… 4.39 vs. 4.11 final gear ratio :D

James Lee: I am assuming you mean 140kph?

• nice, that sounds mighty tempting. So all gears taller? Affect your 1/4 mile much? Must help the economy a few mpg

• no Marco i mean 140 mph i am in the uk dorset to be exact

• leave me out of this, it's between you and mooneggs…

:P

• im in with this statement. i can do 135 in my mx3 and still have a little to go.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB