Project 999

• @2d2fb18523=RustyMx3:

You paid nearly £1k for it? I think most on here will say you've been cheated bud, no offense, good MX3's go for that these days! I'm not trying to bring a downer on it but it looks like a dog for that price :/

As I say, no offence meant and good look with the build and hope it all comes together well.

No, I paid £250 for the car. To compete in the challenge the whole build has to be under a grand.
    I'm looking at springs now to lower it, but we are also considering cutting the springs down….. full on bodger motorsport stylee lol

• @93f174d2dc=rd_jon:

No, I paid £250 for the car. To compete in the challenge the whole build has to be under a grand.
    I'm looking at springs now to lower it, but we are also considering cutting the springs down….. full on bodger motorsport stylee lol

Ah, phew, If you're not going to be using the car daily then cutting the springs would be a cheaper option as parts for these are few and far between 2nd hand, one thing I should have taken off my car before I scrapped it was the springs really, think I paid £100 for my -40 mm springs (which seemed to do FA) then I got sick of the car (big story on here :? ) and weighed it in.

What event is this as I think my civic is well eligible for this (as long as it doesn't involve speed?)?

• The springs are tapered on the front so you will have to cut the bottoms off. I've cut one ring off mine and that seemed to do the trick

• I think I may have a set of lowering springs spare. I'll check later.

• The event is the PPC 999 Challenge. Practical Performance Car (PPC) have been holding a competition for a few years now where cars valued at no more than £999 compete in 1/4 mile drag races and a timed slalom course.

Check it out here:
    http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/999-challenge.html

• big fan of that magazine. we should try and get a group feature as the mx ticks all the boxes of what that magazine focus on.

• @6e860a6162=rd_jon:

The event is the PPC 999 Challenge. Practical Performance Car (PPC) have been holding a competition for a few years now where cars valued at no more than £999 compete in 1/4 mile drag races and a timed slalom course.

Check it out here:
    http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/999-challenge.html

Haha, that's me screwed then, engine WAS 89 bhp, probably about 12 now, and turnings I do slow and scrapey :mrgreen:

• I'll have the front bumper off you if you weigh the car in and probably the rear bumper and mirrors if the price is right

• @13d1407a21=MasonX3:

I'll have the front bumper off you if you weigh the car in and probably the rear bumper and mirrors if the price is right

Won't be asking silly money for any parts.

• Well there is good news and bad news….

The good news is the car will see us through the PPC 999 Challenge.

The bad news is that the car is as bad underneath as I thought. Found four holes in the sills, one thats almost big enough to get my fist into...
    So the car will definitely be getting scrapped after the event. This means two options:
    1. someone buys the whole car for their own purposes.
    2. I break it and sell the parts.

I will be posting threads up in the Parts section and in the Cars section and will see how much interest there is on this.

Feel free to PM me.

As far as Project 999 is concerned things are going well. Filters are here so hopefully she will run a bit sweeter. Springs will hopefully arrive today and get fitted tonight. A/C is coming out to reduce weight further, and I have a boss kit coming so I can fit the steering wheel out of my 200sx drifter.

Had the car out for a blast last night and even with the fueling issues she was much more responsive. Can't wait for the day now.

• Well there is good news and bad news….

The good news is the car will see us through the PPC 999 Challenge.

The bad news is that the car is as bad underneath as I thought. Found four holes in the sills, one thats almost big enough to get my fist into...
    So the car will definitely be getting scrapped after the event. This means two options:
    1. someone buys the whole car for their own purposes.
    2. I break it and sell the parts.

I will be posting threads up in the Parts section and in the Cars section and will see how much interest there is on this.

Feel free to PM me.

As far as Project 999 is concerned things are going well. Filters are here so hopefully she will run a bit sweeter. Springs will hopefully arrive today and get fitted tonight. A/C is coming out to reduce weight further, and I have a boss kit coming so I can fit the steering wheel out of my 200sx drifter.

Had the car out for a blast last night and even with the fueling issues she was much more responsive. Can't wait for the day now.

• Good good. How are you getting the car to and from Santapod?

• @1503edc002=MasonX3:

Good good. How are you getting the car to and from Santapod?

Driving :mrgreen:
    Have AA cover for the way home, so as long as we make it there and manage to compete I will be happy lol

• @26efe4efd9=rd_jon:

@26efe4efd9=MasonX3:

Good good. How are you getting the car to and from Santapod?

Driving :mrgreen:
    Have AA cover for the way home, so as long as we make it there and manage to compete I will be happy lol

Well if you blow it up and end up leaving it in a hedge pm me the location. Lol

• New springs fitted today. Makes her sit a lot better, and the handling is better too.
    Plugs have been changed and she runs a bit smoother. Old ones were black with carbon.
    Brakes overhauled and moving freely now too.

Pics will go up as soon as my photobucket stops misbehaving :x

• Before lowereing:

Front lowered:

After lowering:

Definite improvement.

• Well we made Santa Pod, although it took us over 9 hours to get there. We got caught up in the floods around Newcastle and took 2 hours to move 3 miles.

We thought we had cured the fueling problems, but on the day they returned. So the handling time wasn't as good as it could have been.

All things considered, a good time was had. And we will definitely be preparing a car for next years event.

We will be offering the car, and all the parts removed, for sale. However, if there is enough interest I may consider breaking for parts.

• what dime did you get doen the strip?

• Best time was 17.00
    Most of them were around 17.0 to 17.1
    Worst was a 17.3

• not a bad time for a stock mx

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB