Project 166 For Sale

• LEE PLEASE DO NOT READ PAST THIS LINE

KEV - one needs serious attention as its on the point of the shock going up through the bonnet as its very mis-shapen and the crack around it is about 3mm wide

yesterday started this fine and ran perfectly al the way home with no problem except it seemed to have a synchromesh problem as it crunched into every gear when driving it to help my dads an get up hills and pull away etc, been towing with my dad since I was 18 and got this down to an art lol

went out today to turn this around and remove exhaust, engine has major fault, will not start massive amounts of fuel vapour out the exhaust like I have never seen before, lots of backfires and flames from exhaust, seemed to try starting on one cylinder but mainly cranked with no life.
    Its like either the timing is well out or valve is stuck open but theres somethin serious so it now decided its own fate :(

One bolt on the exhaust is knackered so I need to grind it off during the week as someone refitted the exhaust with old knackered bolts and god knows what the cat is from but its not for an mx3, its about half the size of normal and the angle isnt right on the join so hangs a little low, the plates are half the normal size and god knows how it doesnt blow as theres no gaskets in it either.
    Took the air filter off and its splattered with grease underneath then found the NS inner drive shaft gator has pretty much vanished and thrown its grease eveywhere

Unfortunately this car is too past it so its back off to japan in a cube shape to make a nissan GTR so thats a suitable ending
    Stripped all the important bits today then its being towed wednesday probably to be parted out to save some other sick mazdas a bit like a donor card for us

Anybody want any standard parts let me know as i only have limited time to get the parts off you may need
    Already gone is parcel shelf, dials and center console to an mx owner I know just down the road as he helped me remove the parts in exchange for those bits but everything will be up for sale including the 16" 5 spokes

Ill make a list in the for sale section

Sorry Lee she was too far gone :(

• Bum holes! thats a shame :( Sounds like its had a 'make do and mend' period during its autumnal years as a mode of transport! :x

Wha Wha Whaaaa….. I wanted that instrument surround and dials... :mrgreen:!!!
    Not playing now, off to sulk...........enjoy em whoever, they're scabby, not nice to look at, untrendy........... :rofl:

Hope you balance your book dj for all your effort and dedication into the failed rescue :bowdown:

kev b.

• Just noticed in lee's FOR SALE list/post it mentions 'very short shift'???

Has it?? or is it a laymans term for catostrophic clutch/gearbox problem as you mentioned "crunched into every gear"? :shock:

• It is a very short short shifter, hardly moves lol

Ive removed that already if you want the short shifter as its ready to go but the crunch didnt feel right a you had to force it into gear when changing, could be the 6 months of standing that caused that

• :rofl: sure its not just a switch, wi a big stalk shaped like a gear stick!!!

No thanks dj, but thankyou v much for offering said item :) Im a plodder 9 times out of ten when get behind the wheel :o Ive never had an issue with speed of gear changes, think youd need to match it to a lightened FW'l and uprated clutch to gleen the most from its benefits tho???

I am considering dropping my G'box oil soon tho and will plumb for the slightly runnier? grade mentioned on a post on here recently (miller oils ???) to lessen my 'toffee like' winter gear changes :( kev b.

• dj, if you do indeed have a set of el glo dials and rings?, how much would you require for them to leave your possesion? :D kev b.

• Would these be something you'd like? I almost bought them this weekend but finances wouldn't allow. Really want them but as I found out today that I need new front brakes….........
    http://www.uk-mx3.com//forum/viewtopic.php?t=5934

• Cheers BigTom, Im sure they're the nuts! but not really my cup of tea! Id really like a set of the white el reverse glo jobbies! Some members on here have 'huge private' stocks of them, but they dont want to part with em? :rofl:
    thanx for the offer fella :) kev b.

• Ill have a look for mine when i get some time, they arent far away lol and think theres a spare set of rings in there too

• :cheers: at your leisure.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB