Yet another car

• Galvanized? Where did you see that? That makes me feel incredibly unlucky now considering the state of my one! :lol:

• @c2a1b3df8f=Marco:

Galvanized? Where did you see that? That makes me feel incredibly unlucky now considering the state of my one! :lol:

I had heard from a couple of mechanics about galvo bodies, I have had a few MOt inspectors tell me theat you can tell a jap import from underneath because they are all much better condition than uK ones of the same age

The body on this eunos is mint so if anyone wants a nearly mint shell with tatty interior for a KLDE/ZE project then let me know as it will only go to the scrappy in a few weeks. I will be testing for LSD this week so if it has it, the gearbox will be out in 2 weeks time

Marco, you were lied to in a much bigger way, that was a huge attempt to disguise major problems and a definate scam, mine I bought off a bonehead :lol:

• @7ed75317bb=djmarcopolo:

I had heard from a couple of mechanics about galvo bodies, I have had a few MOt inspectors tell me theat you can tell a jap import from underneath because they are all much better condition than uK ones of the same age

Yup why do you think I'm so picky with my cars, I can't be dealing with rust so just pick up a cheep import.

For £120 for a shell is outstanding for somoene with the time and brains to swap.

• It would be a great project for the right person and the body is great on it, the interior is very tired but all there and will be coming with it

• shame that! Noway I'm getting it over here though. Just have to look for my own rust free import… one that I can see before I buy!

• I have found a brand new set of 4 standard springs are fitted to it but they will go with it, not sure on the shocks will check em out

• @f1f8e64a79=Marco:

shame that! Noway I'm getting it over here though. Just have to look for my own rust free import… one that I can see before I buy!

Car trailer or shiply.com lol
    If you want any panels the doors, bootlid, wings etc are all mint I can look at removing them and how much effort it will be to do it :wink:

• DJ If you scrap it, and I hope you don't.

Could I ask a favor? can I steal the VIN plate to add to my Eunos VIN Plate collection?

• @ab41fb0b77=Lori:

DJ If you scrap it, and I hope you don't.

Could I ask a favor? can I steal the VIN plate to add to my Eunos VIN Plate collection?

I think it will be scrapped so yes, will get it once its done with

Oh and forgot because it turned up the day before my hols, thanks for the rear bank head :D

• @cb858c1849=djmarcopolo:

@cb858c1849=Lori:

DJ If you scrap it, and I hope you don't.

I think it will be scrapped so yes, will get it once its done with

Oh and forgot because it turned up the day before my hols, thanks for the rear bank head :D

Your more then welcome bud.

• Hay DJ ,

If your starting a list i would be interested in the full length stainless exhaust system with 6x3 oval tail .

1. Lee

• Well if lee has already started then count me in too.
    If you have to strip her then i call dibs on the spoiler please dj :D

• Well good news and bad news with this heap

Today after much farting about with this car at 6.45am I resurrected this beast and got her fired up and running which was a surprise

The battery had been connected back to front but after much fault finding and searching the brand new battery is cooked inside so jump starting just raped the battery it was jumping off and was shorting inside

The car starts fine now, the engine seems quite good and the exhaust is really loud, all the brakes are shot and the tyres are flat

SO

after working out totals to get the bits I want, replace them with oem parts and then do all the brakes and MOT it and put it back on the road I am looking at over £300 to do it and I am already nearly £400 into this car because I had to buy some bits to start it and a new key

so its not viable to save this car as an H reg MX is worth around £400 with 12months MOt

I am therefore going to split this car big style, I already have a great scrap bloke who pays fantastic money for scrap cars who will collect the shell for £130

So any parts required PM me this week, because monday it will be taken away for scrap

• Car now stripped, aircon pipes immpossible to remove only salvaged pump, the rear hubnuts siezed so no wheel bearing dan :cry:
    Had to cut bumpers off, heads wouldnt come off due to bolts shearing
    That car was a mess, its going to the best place for it monday afternoon I saved what I could even the cams wouldnt come out :evil:

Found k8ze engines have K801 heads though

• lol, this is my shed at work now, it doesnt include most of the mx3 stuff in my garage

• sweet, unalarmed shed and ms bumper !!, now where did i put my black hoodie! :D

• lol that will be in the workshop very soon being worked on :D

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB