Smoke!

• lol is it a 2 stroke, just put 50-1 in the tank each time lol, I would say f*ck it and stick the cheapest stuff possible in there every month, look on ebay for comma oils, thats about as cheap as they get

• yeah I have a good supplier of comma oils called trago mills ;) that seems to be all they stock. I am using asda at the mo. will be defo looking for a good 2.5 soon. does anyone have a klde for sale?

• I really wanna go to that Trago Mills place, everyone in cornwall spazzes out about it and how it has everything, but I never think about it when Im down there! :(

• the one in devon is better than the cornwall one, well recommended :wink:

• yeah the newton abbot one has go carts and everything ;) yeah i would say they sell just about anything that you could possibly want, except a cold drink!!!!! you would have to go to the extremely overpriced newsagents next door to get a bottle of extremely overpriced squash lmao

• wheres the one in devon? I only know theres one near plymouth

• the devon one is the newton abbot one mate. the one near plymouth is only a few miles from me which, funnily enough, is right near where the engine change will be taking place, in st neot. trago itself is on the glynn valley about 3 miles from st neot ;)

• so the newton abbot one is the biggest?

• yeah it is massive up there bud. I would recommend that one over the cornwall one ;)

• got the new dizzy and rotor arm (thanks keith ;)) and had a few mins to spare today so got them fitted. all works well but the hesitation is still there. i think i may have to take it to mazda to get the codes read because i am just needlessly spending money now lol. it could be that the timing has slipped or something (belt was due about 2000 miles ago :cry: ) I will try to sort out this 2.5 asap now as the 1.8 is taking the piss lol.

will the 1.8 throttle body fit the 2.5 engine (even if it is restricting it and only as a temporary measure)

• hey dan, is it ticking over properly, I get the massive hesitation when the car is freezing cold so I put this down the the TPS, the only other thing i can think of is either a vacuum pipe not sealing properly or the pipe on vacuum side for the engine block isnt seating right

I can only guess you have a pipe that maybe letting air in but looks ok

• the idle is fine (thanks to jesta) the only hesitation is from low revs and is worse when cold but still noticable when warm and alot worse under load or going uphill. I have looked/listened for an air leak in the engine bay but i cant hear any leaks at all. its more frustrating than anything else. it could be a problem with the egr valve but it could also be a number of other things too.

edit: above 4000rpm all seems fine and after 5000rpm it really takes off
    All revs below 4000 seems to be spluttering. it almost feels like its missing but its obviously not as above 4k it clears up

• that does sound vacuum, it could be that some of the pipes have become hard and the joins on the end are just loose enough to let air through

• could well be, forgot to mention that sometimes when decelerating, ie take foot off the throttle, it will slowly ease down and the all of a sudden the engine will break really hard sometimes throwing me forward in my seat and locking the seatbelt. I thought it could be the induction kit but it was doing all this before i put that on. I will have a good look and listen tomorrow. there is so many bloody vac pipes on this engine!

• the big one could be the pipe from the inlet manifold to the top of the front rocker, those pipes can go hard and then they dont go tight on the inlet end also check the little inspection hatch one the inlet manifold, they have a paper gasket that can leak, worth gently removing and putting some gasket sealer on it

• back to this again, checked all pipes and all seem ok. cant hear any leak but i do have problems with my ears lol. the smoke appears to have come back and the hesitation is still there but it is definitely worse when it is cold. i get a serious lack before 4k (somewhere between 2500-4000rpm) and at 5k it is completely normal. if i was loaded i wouldnt mind but with the price of fuel at the moment i cant afford to be running over 5k all the time :lol:
    Is it possible that it could be an engine mount or is this a classic sign of a VRIS solenoid failing.

• wait a min, have i overlooked the obvious! I will try cleaning the o2 sensors tomorrow by soaking in some petrol for a few hours. If this fixes my problem i will be kicking myself!

• RIGHT!!! Finally decided to read my codes today. I knew I would have one of them as i have bypassed the EGR valve so was expecting that. What i was not expecting was this

code no:
    8: MAF/VAF sensor.
    10: Intake air temperature sensor (IAT)
    16: EGR sensor.

I wouldnt have thought the MAF is at fault, could this be being thrown up because of an induction kit of is it kerplunked.
    when i took my MAF (to try the mx6 one i bought off here, bad idea) off i did hear something rattling around inside but i did in the MX6 one also so thought it was normal. maybe that one is fooked too lol.

Intake air temp sensor. what in the fuck is that! could these problems be causing my hesitation and low fuel consumption? (i know the maf would cause hesitation but dont know how that would effect fuel, but unsure about the IAT as i have no idea what it is)

any help is greatly appreciated as always

• started a new topic dont reply here. reply in new thread

• got my new VAF today (thanks to keith, really appreciate your quick despatch) and after a shoet run to warm the car up I realise that the idle was a little low so i adjusted the TSS after bridging "ten and gnd" Idle is a little bit high now but better than before.

got in the car, went for a drive and it was alot better but still not 100% so i pulled over an checked the oil which was also very low (nothing new, my car drinks oil like my nan drinks tea) and HOOOBLOODYRAAA
    No more hesitation (on warm start, havent tried it from cold yet) I am like a pig in shit at the moment :mrgreen:

Thanks for all your input, it really is appreciated. not saying i wouldnt have been able to do it without you but it would have cost alot more in bits i didnt really need lol

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB