Bad discovery on the eunos fuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

This does not constitute mint to me. Both sides under the windscreen are rotten, fibreglassed over with sound matting. WTF. The rest of the bodywork seems very good. What do I do? Cut windscreen out and plough into it? Sell it on? It's hard to tell how bad it is with all that shit on it. Good feedback is not looking to likely.

Looks like it will be windscreen out, dash out, cut the rust out entirely, fab up new metal, weld it in, treat it, paint it etc. This sucks. Major downer.

• thats a big downer didnt show that in the advert :cry: sorry to see thar marco :cry: :cry:

• Jeez! :shock: What a pisser, at least you've the ability to weld a new patch in though.

Bit of an odd place for the rot to set in isn't it? What's the underside like?

• ah shit mate, i know the car looks good but that seems like alot of work. how is the engine sounding?

• The underside is pretty damn good. The engines doing fine- getting over 34mpg. Yea I know, guess it depends how far gone all that is. What a really pathetic repair. It looks like someone was storing salt in there. Theres a note from 2001 in the service history: to check "noise" at front. I'm wondering was this the cause. I'm in Manchester ATM. Will be home Monday night then guess I'll strip it back a bit and see what's going on. Seriously what does it take to buy a clean rust free mx. Seriously thinking of just parting it out ATM as I'm annoyed with it.

• cant say i would blame you mate. you got enough work ahead of you with the engine swap, you dont wanna be doing all that too. you could have bought my old white one off me, that was rust free :)

• @c461f89ce2=Marco:

The underside is pretty damn good. The engines doing fine- getting over 34mpg. Yea I know, guess it depends how far gone all that is. What a really pathetic repair. It looks like someone was storing salt in there. Theres a note from 2001 in the service history: to check "noise" at front. I'm wondering was this the cause. I'm in Manchester ATM. Will be home Monday night then guess I'll strip it back a bit and see what's going on. Seriously what does it take to buy a clean rust free mx. Seriously thinking of just parting it out ATM as I'm annoyed with it.

Selling a rust free 1 just now ;) lol

• Yea it's a real Pain. It's killing me not being able to get stuck in to see how bad it is. Writing a list of prices for part out to make me less annoyed. Should cover the majority of it.

• it really does look like a half arsed repair doesnt it. thing is its roadworthy as the MOT station cant fail it on that. looks like there is some christmas tinsel in there lol

• @7676a7087e=daniel:

it really does look like a half arsed repair doesnt it. thing is its roadworthy as the MOT station cant fail it on that. looks like there is some christmas tinsel in there lol

they cant fail it because its covering it, there not aloud to remove anything duriing a MOT so cant see it :)

had a 200sx i bought for spare and repaire to fix my other 1, had side skirts took them off and it had no sills at all, way too much dmg for just a year but the garage i work at said its because it was covered with the side skirts MOT stations are not aloud to remove it to see

;)

• Yea it's legal and all that but when you can hear wind coming into the car it's just no good! Yea that's the fibreglass I started pulling at. Wasn't even wetted out correctly. I guess the procedure will be
    Remove wiper cowl
    Remove all the crap repair
    Review the mess
    Part out or repair

Sad really. Quite liked having the 'real deal' Jdm yo

• i know someone that used to have a bedford rascal loader van that was about 90% gaffer tape and always passed the MOT's because of the reasons you stated. its funny really

• marco, your shit is the shit :lol: real JDM

• Lol Jdm rust for sale yo

• what a tosser, good spot on that though :wink:

• Ah man, thats a sickener. It looked like such a minter from the pics. It'd be great if ya could repair it though. If you are going to break it, gimme a shout, I'd be very interested in a few bits. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

• Yea I guess I'll have a better idea on Tuesday. I really didn't expect rust there, never seen it on other mx3s. On the upside if it's not too bad it's not a very cosmetic area for body work buts it's gonna be a pain to get at. Yea no worries. There'll be a long list of parts its broken!

• If your whipping the engine out of it anyway, might as well fix it bud, never seen a mx3 rust at that spot tho,

2-4 days welding? for a mint jdm mx3 to a mx3 fan isn't really that much, tho negative feedback is a cert.

• @dde47ca8f2:

Dear Andrew

The car is effectively a write off, far from mint, and has many rust spots:
    Rusted through passenger floor panel
    Cowl / Scuttle panel rusted and fiberglassed over – visible from engine bay
    Hole from below windscreen passenger side into passenger cabin
    Metal plate welded in adjacent to rusted through floor panel
    Crash damage to frame rail – frame rail bent

Additionally:
    Multiple dents on car
    Multiple scratches
    Brembro brakes are fake pieces of plastic stuck on
    Front splitter is cracked in several places
    Sideskirts are cracked in several places
    Paint colours are not matched on splitter and sideskirt sections
    Front bumper shows major paintwork flaws
    Coolant leaking from filler neck of engine
    Rust above windscreen visible from the outside
    Interior shows considerable wear – not mint.
    Rear tyres incorrect profile for car – tyres wearing into rear arches – blowout danger
    Not one lady owner – HPI shows 7

You have effectively knowingly decieved me into this purchase. I'm really dissappointed as you knew my plans for this car. I can provide evidence of all of the above if required. I sincerely hope you take it upon yourself to do the right thing and at least offer a significant refund of the amount paid.

Sincerely,
    Marc Harrington

• I hope he does do something about it bud

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB