Quad headlamp conversion

• Keep looking out as I have nearly done a section on projector headlights that will be online today or tomorrow that we can all do and will save you £180 on the RRP for uk spec ones :D :D

• @b28fa75e0e=daniel:

am i the only person that really doesn't like this style of lights? on any car?

yes, but you dont even own an mx3, so your opinion is null and void :p

• fair point i guess lol. i just never liked the morette style of lights and these seem very similar. maybe with a spot of chrome or black paint with a lens but thats just me :lol:

• Got a reply back from Peninsula - Looks like the same guy as the reply was pretty much word for word the same as the reply to YouDirtyFox.

• @d1896775db=daniel:

fair point i guess lol. i just never liked the morette style of lights and these seem very similar. maybe with a spot of chrome or black paint with a lens but thats just me :lol:

dont tell anyone, but I think they look hideous on any car too, only bmw have got the right balance, but recessed is yuk

• @9cbec9be4a=daniel:

fair point i guess lol. i just never liked the morette style of lights and these seem very similar. maybe with a spot of chrome or black paint with a lens but thats just me :lol:

mate i dont like them either, and of course your opinion is as valid as the next man.

Butt ugly according to my Spidy senses, but as said there are people that like them!

• im so glad its not just me. i think i may have offended some people by saying that :lol:

• OMG Im so fuckin offended right now …... NOT :lol:
    seriously lads if someone is offended by your opinion
    then thems the ones with the issues :wink:

• I wouldnt worry about offending people, its just an opinion, which is part of the point of forums, making your opinion known and adding your input.

Its not like your doing a rusty, hes created a sport out of aggitating canadians :D

• I just find them, dare i say it, chavvy. you see the same style on a saxo vtr or 206 gti etc etc (endless list) and i think the mx3 desires to be a more classy.

what aboooot canadians? :lol:

• i saw a set on a coach i drove past today, like below for example, hehe

or

• @ed74d57cbb=youdirtyfox:

OMG Im so fuckin offended right now …... NOT

lol im sure yours will look good when done, like the rest of that sexy beast, i just cant picture it :(

• lol @ the coaches

Thanks Man 8) I do agree to some extent they are too far sunken in
    at the moment, some cars may suit quads more than others though?
    I think the hulks up the side of the bonnet leading into the headlight on the 3
    would compliment a body coloured light unit of somekind. I do wnat brighter lights but tbh ive gone off ebay halo projectors as they look to fussy on the inside (bevels, fins, leds) to be bodycoloured, im after a real
    clean look upfront…
    ...someting like this maybe mwahahahah :shock: :lol:

:oops:

• yeh i get what your going for and they should slide into the clean look quite nicely :)

yet to be fully convinced but i will be watching your project thread closely 8)

• I get where you coming from, these arent for me, and the altezza/lexus style lights Ive got for my mx3 Im not 100% sure on, but theres no other option out there, the standards are ok, but Id like something a little more unique and a little less, 'done by all', thats why I wanted to go for a retrofit on my own lights but the parts just dont exist to make it a reality, and to do it myself will be a hit and miss affair since I have no mould making experience, plus its playing with optics and light diffusion, so could go horribly wrong and cost me alot of money to have produced a crap product.

• saw a post on .com where someone retrofitted
    a hi/lo projector into the stock headlight with clear lenses.
    so it can and has been done Jesta

• @affadbc649=youdirtyfox:

saw a post on .com where someone retrofitted
    a hi/lo projector into the stock headlight with clear lenses.
    so it can and has been done Jesta

I like those a lot if they're the ones I'm thinking of.

• do you have a link?

• those look good, you could just get projectors and pile a heap load of filler on to give you quads

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB