Fuel Consumption - What MPG do you get?

• so whats wrong with mine? i put £35 in, i got to work and back 14 times at 2 miles a go, which is 28 miles, and i went to a mates a few times which must have been all of 30-40 miles, and the petrol was on the red line :shock:

• 3.5 MPG. :lol: I think you must have a hole in your tank. A lot of stop start town driving mixed with a bit of high rev starting will eat your petrol but it'd shouldn't be anywhere near that bad.

Anyone got any ideas?

• @d705d81343=hypnoticstoat:

3.5 MPG. :lol:
    Anyone got any ideas?

Someones sold you a cleverly disguised hum vee as an mx3?

Maybe same problem as wilko?

• dodgy fuel evap lines? surely it cant be that :lol:

recently i've started to think its only running on 5 cylinders, performance has never been great, i even got pissed on by a clio and it barely keeps up with a three year old 1.2 corsa sxi :oops: but it does make top end speed,

so in the coming weeks its going to get a ful service, im pretty sure it needs some friction gears replacing, it makes a noise abit like a cam lobe hitting the rocker, so its either that or i got a snapped rocker making it only run on 5 :?

oh and keep in mind from my house to work is a dual carraigewy :?

• arrr..blocked injectors why didn't i think of that :roll:

i thought the noise might be the injectors, only louder :?

I'll find out soon after the pile of crap mysteriously broke down outside the cemetry…if its stil there :?

• I worked out i get about 35 mpg until i hit the dreaded CITY it then goes to about 25 mpg, that is crap!

• ok, so the pile of crap was still there where it broke down, it turned out it was a loose wire in the fuse box in the engine bay, so no spark went to the plugs, i had to change the loom for the fuel pump, as it burnt out months ago and has been on a constant live and adjustable fuel regulator, so i've replaced all the loom from the fuel pump to the fuse box, i've still got some loom left for in the car, but i dont think any of it has the relay for the fuel pump on it…which i need

But on a good note, i put loads of injector cleaner in it, and its working abit better even though its still got aload of injector cleaner in it :D

• I just went on an 16 hour trip (8 hours each way) and I got 30 mpg in my KLZE traveling anywhere between 80-110 MPH with the occasional jaunt to 130-140 mph :shock:

• good going! sure beats an RX 8!

• @08c46d96da=Marco:

good going! sure beats an RX 8!

literally 8)

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB