My mx3 1.8 v6\. chris

• Time for a 2.5? good work btw, a lot of rapid progress :) It's usually rings or valve stem seals. In my last case it was rings. Does it start up really smokey? Usually stem seals then, as the oil drains in overnight.

• looking good mate, cant believe they failed it on the headlights! how many chavved up clios etc do you see with aftermarket lights.

edit no offence with the clio comment pmsl

• That looks really well man. The bonnet scoop looks cool as too, really subtle. Besta luck with your engine troubles!

• Hiya, dont know why it failed the MOT on headlights, I have exactly the same and mine passed, have you converted to RHD or have the plates inside been completely removed??

Looking good anyways :D

• The headlights are from america and so I tried to use somme beam deflector pads to remove the kickup but they wouldn't work. Wats the plate u mention? How do I go about changing/removing it?

2.5 wud be lovely but i've heard that u need a pre 94 model due to the obd, is that right or is there a way round it?
    also I wud never be able to afford the old insurannce for it…if I told them it had been done that is :)

Engine only smokes once warmed up. Gonna be the rings I think. Got good compresssion tho so maybe just a clean up and refit of the oil rings...new ring set is £300 from mazda!!!

• At last shes on the road. New rings and some welding on the sills but she is now MOT'd taxed and insured. Have been trying not to giv it too much beans untill the new rings bed in so not maxed her yet…lookin forward to the magic 1000mile mark :)
    Sounds lovely, goes like the preverbial pooh on a spade...but I have had to watch the fuel guage, kinda thirsty and petrol aint gettin any cheaper...grrrr!!
    Few little things to do still but all on hold at the mo as im moving house...gettin myself on the property ladder...about time :)
    No real problems arising as yet, slightly creaky steering but think thats just where shes been sat up for so long. Think the wheels need to be bigger aswell, dont quite fill the arches as id hoped. Will be up 4 meetin the rest of the mx3 club at some point so I may be turning up at a meet over the summer...will keep my ears open for a closish one to me. Hope to see what others have done and pick up some inspiration.

• Thats great news mate :bigok:

• excellent, keep up the good work, just need to show us at japfest in may now :cheers:

• Jap fest at castle combe would be awsome and if my dam cousin wasn't gettin married on that day I wud be there. Oh well…next time rnd maybe.

• Hi, sorry to say this but the mx3 is now up for sale. If anyone is interested then she's on eBay (item number, 330813970593) or ring me on 07832089367.
    Had to get something more comfy really but have stayed the v6 route (this ones got a turbo tho…whoosh)
    If I can't sell her whole I will list some parts on the forums...she'll be missed, fun cars to zip around in :)

• such a shame when u have spent so much time getting her to the standard she is

• A real shame. I am very tempted to track her if she doesn't sell…some finance fiddling would be in order tho I think :) bigger engine, brakes and suspension but still cheaper than a kit car...we will see...

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB