Garfy1981's - KLZE Project superleggera

• that is a sweet cage. Full race car for the win :bowdown:

• Mmmm damn nice looking cage, Im into that but hopefully you never have to 'use' it 8)

• Cheers guys, that sounds a bit shit admin, you must have been in quite an accident to get hurt through the roof!, I've heard some bad case from side swipes with no side protection.
    Out of interest what's best harness?, told to go for 5 or 6 point 3 inch.
    I'm not sure when it will be on the track. I think the time it's re built and ready it may be winter!. Unless I can get a test day In.

• Yeah don't go less tman 5 point

Make sure your seat will take a 5 point, it needs to have the cutout between your legs for the crotch strap

If you get a 3 inch you are covered for pretty much any event. some won't let you on track if you have less than 3 inch depends on what your doing? and where?

All harnesses have a lifespan and safety standard rating. What you need to conform to depends on what events your doing. So be careful buying second hand as it may be out of date or only have a year left etc.

If its just for trackdays only I'm not even sure if it needs to be in date or conform to any standard. But just check out the info for the tracks you plan on using they will tell you.

–--

I was stage rallying, you always get at least one car on its roof every rally, that time it was me. Rolled it 4 times down a boulder strewn slope at 60 mph. One boulder hit me in the head on the first roll, helmet and roll cage saved me.

Noticed you havent tied your cage into your pillars, you might be missing a trick there. you can bolt on to where your seatbelts were. Add some more stiffness, better than only having mounting points on the floor pan.

• mmm that looks serious! That thing will be a track animal!

• She's back on the road !, every thing is back together, still got a few finishing touches, some carbon fibre inside, spray cage . Not sure on colour yet. .
    Tidy some wiring, re clean and spray engine parts . Re spray door mirrors. ( paint is flacking off now :(

• Who needs a radio when you have a v6!.
    Real 3mm carbon fibre panel and aem uego guage finally installed.
    Running 13.9 on idle and creaps between green and yellow on guage. Hopefully megasquirt tune will help it out.

• pretty rich for idle! Wouldn't worry much about the colours. Looks great btw :)

• Cheers marco. What do you rekon time for some new lambas ?.
    It's always run rich, don't know why.
    Will get engine terracleaned before megasquirt set up and hopefully release quite a few ponies!.
    Next up will be polycarb window install, finally!

• Few progressions today removed front bumper in order to remove fog lights to allow for cold air feeds.
    May also have a side cold air feed from bumper. Not sure yet.
    Relocated coolant reservoir. Hopefully it will still function in its position.
    Now need to get ducting in, clean up and re spray components while front bumper is off, extend coolant feed. Then get a nice large tig welded intake pipe.
    Also found a breather pipe that connects under throttle body loose and hanging off. Now clamped this in position so it's not moving!.
    Also thinking about getting evans waterless coolant while I'm playing with coolant system.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB