ECU remap on 1.8 V6?

• wow really? so why is the 5 still so expensive. surely the rarer car would be worth more? ah well like i said its all down to preference.
    anyway its csi sunday so ill speak to you lot tomorrow (im sad i know lol)
    have a good evening guys and girls

• They aren't necessarily. You can pick up similar vintage NA MX-5s for the same price as MX-3s. A good special edition in good nick may well fetch more money, but a run-of-the-mill early 1.8 can be had for a grand or less in a dailiable condition.

• Read about you sorting an OBDI loom for daniel wiley.

For him to the OBDI loom swap he will need the engine loom, AND you will have to give him the wiring from the other two plugs that go into the ECU.

Its a pain as it goes up into the Dash, into the fuse box and through the passenger side arch aswell as far as I can remember and he will need it all.

Basically any wire that goes to the ECU you will need to follow to its source and give it to him.

If it was me I'd take all the wiring I could off the car and the fusebox.

• If I was going to buy another cheap convertable it would be an MX-5.
    Fun to drive but crap in the wet, v crap in snow, and horrible on a long journey.

• @4c72aeacaa=ukmx3admin:

Fun to drive

Yes.

@4c72aeacaa=ukmx3admin:

but crap in the wet

No.

@4c72aeacaa=ukmx3admin:

v crap in snow

Very much no.

@4c72aeacaa=ukmx3admin:

and horrible on a long journey.

**Only if you're taller than 6'2 or fat.

I've owned a Mk2 1.8i and a Mk1 1.8 Berkeley and have driven both in wet, snow and on very long journeys indeed. I wouldn't even think twice about driving one from here to the 'Ring and back in snow.**

• i dont want to be any trouble so if it is too hard i shouldnt worry about the loom and it sounds like its going to be a right pain to put back in so i dont think i would have the patience. we dont get too much snow in this country :)

• Lori, if Daniel doesn't take it I will! I plan on making a stripped down loom for a wire tuck and this would be perfect for it. Let me know and I'll sort out £££.

• No worrys,

I'll pull it from the car on the sunday.

• SO we defo on for this sunday. the 19th.

• Yes we are buddy.

• thats cool as long as it aint going to be wasted. good luck on your project guys

• Still yours of course if you want it Daniel, I'd recommend you get megasquirt for a KLZE swap. You'd end up better off with less effort IMO.

• na its fine, i will look into it in the future. you guys seem like you already have a project and i wouldn't even be looking for an engine for about another year so its no probs. i'll just do the usual mods (air filter, back box) for the mo. i have a scorpion 3 inch round inward rolled tip to go on but its only a single. what do you guys think? i would like to get a stainless 2inch twin. its only for looks i know and if anything will slow the car down due to too much outlet but as long as it will beat a VTR i aint fussed :D

• and marco how much did that paint job set you back. i would love to spray mine in a deep metalic purple or deep metalic blue with flake. i have been quoted around £400 for a full respray but that is factory white. guess i'll have to shop around a bit

• My backbox is about 3.5" rolled, I like it :)

A decent cold air setup and decat pipe should get things shifting a bit better.

I don't have a paint job :lol: paint looks good in my signature, but it's not great. £400 for a respray is worryingly cheap to me! About 1.5k gets a good job done over here.

• yeah he is a friend of mine, he used to work here http://www.castlemotors.com/searchFS.htm
    so he knows how to spray lol. he has his own business now spraying and panel beating. yeah the paint looks awesome in your sig. the only thing i am worried about with the back box is it has alot of siliencing stuff in there so i dunno if it will make it roar. i dont want it over loud and am hoping it just gives a nice purr. i aint putting a jap style exhaust on it as they are just loud for being louds sake. much prefer a rolled tip. I will make a pipe up to get a cold air infeed onto the closed cone filter. might just run a pipe from under the engine bay rather than removing the fog light as i would like to keep it looking fairly standard

• £400 is cheap

I'm going to spray mine soon but i'll be doing it myself in a mates warehouse and you never get a perfect job if its not done in a spraybooth.
    But it will be good enough and only cost the price of the paint as I use all his equipment.

• i would love to try it myself but i know i would mess it up. if i had the guts i would give it a go

• I've done a few cars now and my mate has been doing it for 20 years, so he watches over me making sure I do it all right.

Without him there I wouldn't attempt it on my own and he has alot of expensive spray guns etc that I couldn't afford to buy.

• yeah would be a bit risky. just found a mx3 SE for sale, i posted the link in the "found this for sale" section if you wanna check it out

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB