ECU remap on 1.8 V6?

• What year is it? There are SE models from the 1993 White model when they first introduced the SE all the way up to the end of production in 1998.

Have you got the 1993 white one? I like those alot.

• no sorry its a 95/96 model. wish it was a 93 one as will be worth a fortune in the near future. i love limited edition cars lol :D

• That will 99% make your car an OBD2 car.

OBD = On Board Diagnostics

OBD2 cars do not have the correct wiring loom for you to be able to easily swap the engine. You need a 1994 or earlier car really to do an engine swap.

• To be honest the MX-3 has never been a flagship car for Mazda so I don't ever see even the Limited 93 Special ever being worth alot.

• ah i guess it will stay a 1.8 forever then haha. its ok i guess, still the quickest car i have owned. so is there any specific polish for the engine bay? just curious as i would like to make it look good

• personally i much prefer the mx3 to the mx5 (flagship car). i think the design is better, better looking and a better engine. i used to work in a garage and we had several "eunos roadsters" come in. all of them were way too low, we couldnt get half of them on the ramps. i would prefer a 3 over a 5 anyday. dont see too many of them so makes it alot more exclusive

• Check this out for ideas for your engine bay.

http://www.uk-mx3.com//forum/viewtopic.php?t=2001&highlight=

• some nice stuff there. would love to keep it as clean as marco. he obviously loves his 3. is there anywhere that sells covers for the bay? i will polish up the rockercover but want the rest to look clean as well.
    thanks for being so patient mr admin man lol.

• I setup this site to help people I love the MX-3 :lol:

For a clean look you can't beat washing it with Jizer Degreasant then steam cleaning, then high temp alloy engine paint then a coat of clear engine laquer.

But only done that without the engine in the car?

Then polish the rocker cover

paint the fuel rails and rocker covers

Jizer and a stiff paint brush will cut through any grease, but you need to wash it off with water so might be difficult while in the bay. But if your careful.

• well you have been very helpful to me. i am a complete noob when it comes to jap cars and V6's so i will no doubt be asking more questions in the near future

• the MX5 is what i think a better car,, Its rear wheel drive, its 1.6 engine is bullet proof the handeling has won awards for being the best and its a great fun to drive and easy to work on its only flaw is it has 2 seats

the mx3 looks decent handles… ok and the v6 engine is a bit of a pain to work on as its cramed into the bay, mx5 holds its value alot better than the mx3

• its all about preference i guess. like i said, we had loads of roadsters come in while i was in a garage and i didnt like anything about them. fwd is alot safer than rwd. just compramises the handling a bit. i can imagine that the V6 is going to be a nightmare to work on but all in all i would much rather have a 3 than a 5. mx5 is a good car there is no doubt about that but i much prefer the looks and styling of the mx3 and the fact that they mass produced the smallest V6 in history is a feat in its self. i dont understand why they never put the V6 in the MX5

• **Had two of those. Though both were 1.8s (Mk1/2 had 1.6 and 1.8 - the same 1.6 as in the MX-3; Mk3 has Ford 1.8 and 2.0s, badged as MZR engines).

The MX-5 is the sharp handler that doesn't cruise so well. The MX-6 is the good cruiser that doesn't handle so well. The MX-3 sits in the middle of the two.**

• im glad i went for the 3 then lol. just by chance it was sitting in the local dealers gazing at me. my girlfriend loved it as soon as she saw it and i loved it once i took it for a test drive. absolute belter of an engine and holds the road pretty well without much roll. shame i am unable to do the klze swap though :(

• @c6515b9f1e=daniel:

im glad i went for the 3 then lol. just by chance it was sitting in the local dealers gazing at me. my girlfriend loved it as soon as she saw it and i loved it once i took it for a test drive. absolute belter of an engine and holds the road pretty well without much roll. shame i am unable to do the klze swap though :(

you could do it just rip ur loom out for a obd1 loom

maybe not seen alot of 3's as there not very common, since ive had mine ive seen about 3 in edinburgh but normally see at least 2-3 mx5's daily

• me and barrywhite are ripping the hell out of my old Eunos next sunday, If you wanted an OBE1 loom, I'm sure we could remove it for you without hassle (and label it all up so its just a swap job for you)

• thats not a bad idea but how much would you be looking for it as money is an issue at the mo and how far away are you from cornwall lol.
    yeah dave i am with you there. see loads of mx5's down here (old retired people tend to move to cornwall) but i have only seen 2 mx3 driving around

• I'd post it down bud, Cash wise, Nothing it's part that would go in the bin anyways, however, once you have some, if you want to chuck teh site admin some for the site upkeep…

But all I'd want is the postage which would be less then £5.

• sweet mate, ill give you a shout. i'll post up some pics of mine as standard on friday or saturday if anyone is interested.

• @244325ebef=DaveMc:

maybe not seen alot of 3's as there not very common, since ive had mine ive seen about 3 in edinburgh but normally see at least 2-3 mx5's daily

MX-5s outnumber MX-3s by 50:1.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB