Welly's - GT4 Engine Swap Project (Celica GT4 / MR2 REV3)

• will sort some wen sorted few things, injectors should be arriving soon the 540cc's and st205 rail and regulator, and looking at mitsubisi fuel pumps…

Got a weird little problem at the minute, which will get sorted soon rev limiting at 5500rpm... :?

• injectors are in, waiting on a bigger fuel pump just won 1 on ebay 3sgte one, 40 litres a hour, going to try and get a lexus one @ 42 ltrs per hour :)

if all that fails, ill buy a 255 walbro :)

• all this work and how many bhp ? fwd aswel i assume

• Yep FWD :) spins all gears in damp weather, one of owners from TR&D, has been taken out and he said its insane and it made his 300bhp gtfour look slow. so work it out :) its never been beat yet.

its beat subaru's,evo's,skylines,supra's, + more.

• hmm to do that to a gt4 a fwd would nead alot of power as youd lose traction being a fwd car, have you got sum r888 or similar and what about a lsd
    good to hear sum1s got sum serious power in a mx3 :D
    you should add some nos !!! :lol:

is that standard supras ur beating ?

ive given up on the mx3

as im geting the aristo mk2, it has a 2jz from a supra so can get 750bhp on stock internals.. way easier then building a klze i think

you should come japshow finale, i think you'll get low 14s or even 13s

• well apparently the supra around here is running 750bhp at flywheel…oh well power to weight ratio.

Nope no need for R888's all tyres we use are reasonbly soft compound and there always hot and sticky :)

• @b1309b47ff=jay1987:

you should come japshow finale, i think you'll get low 14s or even 13s

A KLZE with a good driver can get low 14s! Welly's crazy car should be getting 12s minimum! 300whp turbo DEs get 12s… What are you welly 400+?

• 400+ estimated at 7psi, so 21psi and slicks.

Rafi, who run 10.8 was running 480bhp and slicks.

• went out again today, 7psi, iv'e never felt anything like it, i felt worried and physically sick :lol:

Although it is miss firing now and blowing cloud of blue smoke, wonder whats gone wrong this time, i don't think its blown any pistons as the signs arn't there as before.

• Well..
    It's either..
    Dropped a valve
    Blown pistons again..

going to put a big fuel pump on it see how it runs with it smoking, if it still isnt running right, the engine might be going for scrap. and maybe the car…

but we might be keeping the car, or getting another mx3 shell for another 2L turbo project.

And.. as its me and my dad, it won't be a mazda engine

• Thats bad news, cant believe you would consider scrapping it.

• it's taking the piss now mate, dads not workin anymore either as he had to stop working as he had fluid on knee.

The engine runs 17psi standard and were running 7psi and its splattering its self..

• Are you keeping an eye on the air/fuel ratio? It must be detonating like crazy.

• everythings fine dude…thats the problem :cry:

Been offerd 5000 for the car, thats last time we blew it up..so rebuilt and running welll...should be more..

but we would scrap it, don't want anyone else owning it :)

• nah dont scrap it share the wealth.

• Good chance its not gonna be scrapped.

Looking for a cheap mx3. (immaculate shell)

And the Engine, Its being Forged. :twisted:

If we decide to keep that engine, we mite startall over again with a diff engine etc.

• good luck welly i was looking for one for a while but gave up. just gonna work on what i have.

• The joy of modifying cars hey!!, whats wrong with the shell you have? Its bit weird that you want a mazda but without a mazda engine lol, how about a mx3 rx7 conversion?.
    On a serious note is someone offered me 5k for a mx3 id rip there arm off!!, i was tempted to let mine go for 2K!!.
    Bad news about your old man mate, so is that a deffinate end to the mazota?

• hi welly i now were there is a realy tidy 1.8 v6 in green it better condition than mine for £500 the only thing it needs is a rear cam cover gasget the front one has been done. the only reason its going so cheap is that its quite thursty and he dose a lot of mile for his work so wants to get rid. if i had the spear cash i would get it.

• engine would be coming out jay, the 3sGTE is being rebuilt and forged. bigger fuel pump and more boost.

Yes shes staying, be off the road for abit though..worth it int he end, and the body shell is showing signs of ages…

Rx7 Rotary? no thanks thats not different, and 5000 fair enough its a good price, but the mazota has had more than that put into it easy..

How many mx3's you know eat TVRS,Ferrari 360s? and ur local evo,supra and scooby boys?

The car is a one off and has a shit load of attention off alot of people.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB