Decat Pipes

• any news on them decats yet??

• Would love to de-cat mine.

• I have to have the 3 back off the road by end of next week, so once I've swapped the cars over, I can then get to work taking the exhaust off!

Fingers crossed, I should have more info for you by end of month! :)

Sorry for the wait guys!

• I had a decat on my 1.8 and it didn't make any speed gains, the MX-3 seems to have a good flowing CAT anyway. But it did make it sound a bit beefier but I had a powerflow cat back not standard.

I also ran a CAT that had the innards knocked and it made no speed gains either, I was on stock exhaust then which sounds crap anyway so it didn't really make it sound any good either.

I fitted the MX-6 headers, now they made a big difference to the sound and the response. But I did have to put sound deadening in the boot, and in the end I'm having to change my backbox as now its annoyingly loud.

Here is a pic of the DECAT I use with the MX-6 Headers/downpipe:

Notice that its offset not straight!

• any word on these yet?

• I have a stainless pipe that exactly matches the cat. I also have the stainless headers, and in my case they shortened the oem midpipe. So its stainless headers, stainless pipe, shortened oem midpipe, stainless remus backbox. I can still get those replacement cat pipes, think they'll be about 80 gbp, with perfect fitting flanges and high quality (lot better than the headers) stainless pipe.

• Its for the 1.6 that i need the decat.

• to get a quality decat pipe, I bought 1 from america, it cost about £35 inc P&P but they dont come with the offset but I have paid another £15 to have it cut and rewelded at the correct angle. So its cost £50 I get mine back this week so can fit it soon.
    I also found that the american ones are built to look like a cat is fitted inside a large stainless box.

• djmp you got a link for that? or would it be possible to order it through you inc the extra work? bit cheeky i know but would love to get that bit fitted and out of the way! :D

• @3886d12401=jamesshack:

djmp you got a link for that? or would it be possible to order it through you inc the extra work? bit cheeky i know but would love to get that bit fitted and out of the way! :D

This is the one I bought, it is slightly oversize and the small end is not angled even though it states it fits directly onto an MX3 but its a small job to get it done at a welders, I could have had one made for the same money but the amount of metal and workmanship that has gone into this one would cost you nearly £100 here so I thought it was good value.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainless-Steel-T304-Racing-Exhaust-Catalytic-Converter-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aMXQ2d3QQhashZitem4154b23228QQitemZ280593838632QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• yep thats sweet, it does say its compatible though to the mx3,

• @1110fdd63a=jamesshack:

yep thats sweet, it does say its compatible though to the mx3,

I have one, its not, its about 20mm too long and the end is straight and it doesnt fit 1.6 because the center pipe and cat are all one part

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB