Jamesshack MX3 project

• and i looked around and everyones got red tape :? , thought it would be different, wipers are pretty easy there just a bolt under the rubber cap, remove the nut lift the arm like your replacing the blade give it a wiggle and hey presto there it is. the back one there are two large nuts undo the top one and its free :D .

• @008f2a7a1e=jamesshack:

and i looked around and everyones got red tape :? , thought it would be different, wipers are pretty easy there just a bolt under the rubber cap, remove the nut lift the arm like your replacing the blade give it a wiggle and hey presto there it is. the back one there are two large nuts undo the top one and its free :D .

See your point there really with the yellow.

I'll have to give another go at getting the wipers off on Monday, they've been doing my head in for a while now (as well as the front bumper and passenger wing and the height).

• rim tapes gone, was starting to grate on me, got this wing from the most excellent lori, I think it looks okay black but pondering colour matching?

if it stays black i am gonna need a bonnet…............. anybody got one?

• Looks awesome dude 8) I'd leave it black if I were you. Now you just need a nice JDM front lip to compliment it.

I think you get the award for the shiniest car on the site too. :lol:

• I like it black looks very cool.

• If I had 120 for the lip I would, why so expensive? Anyhoo just bought a black eunos bonnet that I am gonna rattle can matt, and stick a vent in near the induction cone, and pin, then I gotta lower it got the springs just getting the courage to do it

• Glad you like the spoiler bud, looks nice on your MX3 :)

• Dude ur a legend. U have a eunos right? Does the back end have stickers or badges?

• @dc87131320=jamesshack:

If I had 120 for the lip I would, why so expensive? Anyhoo just bought a black eunos bonnet that I am gonna rattle can matt, and stick a vent in near the induction cone, and pin, then I gotta lower it got the springs just getting the courage to do it

I think you should go gloss black with the bonnet, I have regretted matting mine and think I'm gonna get the gloss back sometime soon. It's also a pain in the arse when it comes to waxing, get any wax on the matt and it never goes away!

Love the spoiler fella, think I'll have to find one!

• love that raised wing i want one now looking great

• @96f0f9c7e2=jamesshack:

Dude ur a legend. U have a eunos right? Does the back end have stickers or badges?

Some do, some don't, but I'm in the process of getting some made up for it OEM reps.

• the bonnets gonna need a respray when i get it cause there are a few scratches, and i want to keep the red one incase of resale, just thinking though that i would need to use high temp paint on it and laquer it. another thought just struck me. will it fit? is the a difference in mounting points on the 1.6 euro to the 1.8 eunos? should have thought of that eh?

• No diff to the way the UK spec and the 1.8 Eunos bonnet fits, I'd put cash on the fact the 1.6 fits the same way.

4x bolts near the wipers (2 each side)

• @2d5fea03d7=jamesshack:

the bonnets gonna need a respray when i get it cause there are a few scratches, and i want to keep the red one incase of resale, just thinking though that i would need to use high temp paint on it and laquer it. another thought just struck me. will it fit? is the a difference in mounting points on the 1.6 euro to the 1.8 eunos? should have thought of that eh?

If the scratches aren't down to the metal or primer you can buff them out using something like Autoglym Paint Renovator or similar compounds (if they are deep use Meguiars Ultimate Compound). Remember to wax the bonnet after using these though.

No need to use VHT on a bonnet, normal paint will do grand.

• Just dropped her off at mt local garage for the clicking, feel like an expectant father now and its only been 15 minutes!

• she's home and happy, garage said it was seized sliders and contact with the disc, made sure they copper grease everything and now she just squeaks a little, dunno why though, gotta say I was crapping it cause it could have been anything. but 2 hours labour + vat £47 :D nice

• @94dbd926e7=jamesshack:

she's home and happy, garage said it was seized sliders and contact with the disc, made sure they copper grease everything and now she just squeaks a little, dunno why though, gotta say I was crapping it cause it could have been anything. but 2 hours labour + vat £47 :D nice

Very nice price, my mech is £35 per hour but he did used to work for TRD :)

• The clicking came back tonight, it's quieter but then that's how it started, gonna replace the pads again I think and another new pin kit. See if that does it if not I am stumped cause the garage said they had fixedit. :cry:

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB