Car wont start and told its Immobliser

• Yes it is … I looked and looked at the pic and couldn't see the key. So mailed them but had ordered from part finder by the time they replied.
    I've ordered it now tho , just seems odd that part finder say all there parts should work. They say I have another problem but with the key light flasing it points to not reading the code from the key , or is it !! ?

• @f62b0d45ab=Mini-me:

Yes it is … I looked and looked at the pic and couldn't see the key. So mailed them but had ordered from part finder by the time they replied.
    I've ordered it now tho , just seems odd that part finder say all there parts should work. They say I have another problem but with the key light flasing it points to not reading the code from the key , or is it !! ?

when you get a matched ecu and key you know your onto a result somewhere..when its installed pull the codes again if you can and post up.. good luck on the new one…dont give up..

Edit..ps..im currently searching through my data base for info on this see what i can find..

• The guy pulled the codes from the engine on monday and said all shows as it should but said it didnt read the immobiliser on my age of car.
    I do have more faith in this guy than the last one , but was really hoping it would work with the parts from partfinder. The only difference its made is the key light now comes on , he said it didnt before as that whole part of the ECU was water damaged. He doesn't know of anyone that can recode or I could just get a good ECU and have it recoded.

• Jane i have an answer for you,,,, sorry it took a while,, right with a new ecu and chipped key even though there matched they need to be snyc to the car this is done with a normal code reader any nice person who has one and knows how to operate it correctly can do this for you..

• Thanx Rainmaker , thats a piece of good news , all I need now is someone that can do it lol

I should have 2 good ECU's and key etc by end of today cos ordered another cos thought the last one was no good .

So I anyone knows of a person local that can do it plz plz let me know.

Many thanks
    Jane

• sounds stupid but why dont you get a standard ecu and and remove the imoboliser.. when your car is working you will have more time to fix the imoboliser issue.

• If that was as easy as that i'd have done it , but not even mazda said its as easy as that . Unless your gonna say it is !

Jane

• Well the latest news !!

My car is running like a dream :-)

Rainmaker you were right they needed sync to my car and my guy didnt know how to do that cos he's never had it on any other car , but …. he repaired my ECU , i didn't think he could as was water damage but he did !

He was a great guy , and this was his first MX3 lol

So thanks all for all your help and advice

Jane x

• @65642dcefa=Mini-me:

Well the latest news !!

My car is running like a dream :-)

Rainmaker you were right they needed sync to my car and my guy didnt know how to do that cos he's never had it on any other car , but …. he repaired my ECU , i didn't think he could as was water damage but he did !

He was a great guy , and this was his first MX3 lol

So thanks all for all your help and advice

Jane x

Your welcome Jane….Glad its all working now...go enjoy the weather and have a long drive....

Rainy....

• Had a nice drive as soon as it was done yesterday to charge the battery as it was a bit flat.

Its so nice to have her back.

Jane x

• Glad it's working for you :D

• good to hear its fixed :)

• @f58def4ff2=Mini-me:

Had a nice drive as soon as it was done yesterday to charge the battery as it was a bit flat.

Its so nice to have her back.

Jane x

right now its all fixed get yer name on the list for Trax event in sept…

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB