Ryan's MX-3

• Got the new seats fitted:

Sprayed the splitter:

Just have to do the sideskirts & wraparound spoiler now.

If I keep the car (I'm contemplating selling up once the paintwork is sorted) I'd like to source & fit a set of RX-8 front seats 'cos they look fantastic.

• Looks mint, nice one :D

• snap but you need some better pics to show that aggresive lip off

• Put the wraparound spoiler on for a look today. Needs the seal putting back on it and a lick of paint, so heading to halfords tomorrow for some rattlecans to spray it and the sideskirts.

Can't wait to get the skirts on. 8)

• nice that lip look good

• Primed the sideskirts. Was too cold & wet for me to spray the paint onto them, will do that soon though.

Really happy with how they look…not as good as the real J-Spec ones, but I can't complain! :)

Need to sort out where the skirt meets the front wing, not sure whether I'll just fiberglass the 'space' in or reattach the bit I cut off.

• looking good fella

• I ended up ordering & fitting Kumho Ecsta SPT's, got a cracking deal off camskill so couldn't say no. Talked to a couple of people who are running them and they're very happy with their performance & longevity….and for 50 quid a tyre who can complain. 8)

And snoooooowwwwwww! :P

Good fun but too cold to be spraying things. Bah. :(

• I had those tyres on my old v6 rims and was very pleased. They are great all rounders and performed well in wet and dry. I got them when they just came out for 35 each then the brand started doing well and price went right up! So went over to yokohamas when I went on 17.

• Decided I'm sticking with MX-3's for the forseeable future, but for the money I'd put into doing up the bodywork on this and a few other little things I could just buy another clean MX-3, so that's the plan – find a clean black one within the next few months and transfer all my parts from this one over to it.

Also, from the Eunos Presso I found in the scrapyard a few days ago I nabbed a set of decent shocks with -35/40mm lowering springs. Fitted the rear ones yesterday just for a quick look, and dammnnn, a bit off the ride height really transforms the looks! 8)

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB