White V6\. Project OEM+….................. NOW SOLD>>

• @6eaa568ae9=Famine:

sorry i know this has nothing to with anything but WHAT A CHIN OMFG!!!

I could absail down that!

• @dfb445bcc5=dubstep:

@dfb445bcc5:

yeah I'm sure it's nice, but I'd like to see how it goes head to head with a turbo klze…

Ooooof, the stakes keep getting higher!

buying an mx, fitting a klze then boosting it wouldn't give you a great deal more performance than a B18 Civ to be honest and at a much higher price

TBH, At that sort of power I'd be much prefering something RWD rather than an MX or any fwd Honda.

• Ah the classic argument!

It all comes back to personal preference.

civic:
    buy custom engine mounts, wiring loom, ecu
    cheap parts a plenty
    b18 250-300bhp on stock internals
    b18 approx 1k though often with LSD gbox
    lighter than mx3
    granny wagon

mazda:
    just swap in a klze/klde, chip ecu ($40?)
    turbo kits are dirt cheap
    300bhp+ on stock internals +more torque
    klde on ebay £185 with make offer
    not common as muck
    hairdressers cars sister?

Whatever has the most money in it will win really! Though the mazda has an instant advantage with the plug 'n' play 2.5.

And Ryan has a good point there. AWD conversion mx3 :) Think theres 4 of them now with 323 GTR/x or AWD protege running gear.

• i got to stick with the mx3

• Im a big fan of the jdm imported white civic type Rs ( not new shape but previous shape ), but a 02 reg would be in region of 7K!!!!. Shockingly expensive.

this one is amazing too!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Integra-type-R-/220521365285?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item335818ff25

im not one sided think both type R and mx3s are both amazing machines.

• I moved from Civic to MX3. I loved my Civic to bits but now the Civic game has been overplayed far too much and the guys who own them are way too bitchy, I used to go onto Civic sites and you could guarantee the same three things said when someone new came along: "drop it on it's arse", "Rotas" and "B16". Car modifying never got so boring!

I love the MX3 because, if I'm honest, it has some styling taken from the Civic (and Del Sol), the MR2 and also a Celica (all cars I love to bits and wanted to buy before the 3!). I love it when people ask me what my car is with them expecting to have heard of it especially when you utter "MX".

I'm rambling now, but the newer Civic's (the EP3 and the FN2) have lost it, the EP is a people carrier and the FN is just obscene, they should have quit with the EK.

• @1086601e41=Marco:

And Ryan has a good point there. AWD conversion mx3 :) Think theres 4 of them now with 323 GTR/x or AWD protege running gear.

Thats class. 8) Wonder how much a conversion like that would cost?

• @c20a0c0b52=nightstalker:

I love the MX3 because, if I'm honest, it has some styling taken from the Civic (and Del Sol), the MR2 and also a Celica (all cars I love to bits and wanted to buy before the 3!). I love it when people ask me what my car is with them expecting to have heard of it especially when you utter "MX".

The 3 was out a year before the Del Sol. :D

• @947fd1a8cd=Ryan:

@947fd1a8cd=nightstalker:

The 3 was out a year before the Del Sol. :D

:P well there you go, the Del boy took stying cues from the 3 :wink:

• Yo yo yo! I havnt been on here for a while.

Update, I sold the MX to a local lad on Sunday for £800 which is £60 more than I paid but still a great deal for us both.

To be honest, buying a Del Sol was a bad move! I bought it based on my previous car, an EG6 Vti with a fair bit of £££££ spent on wheels, tyres and coilovers. The car was about £3k so it was in far better overall condition than my Del Slow! Since i bought it ive had to fit a new clutch, sort out a leaking boot and do loads of interior work. The car was priced with these in mind but after all that im finding it hard to love the damn thing!

A few weeks ago I would have whole heartedly disagreed with the majority of the above statements regarding MX/Civic comparisons and conversions. I was a full on Honda man but having driven the MX for a few days prior to the sale I realised that they are a good honest solid fun car!

I doubt ill ever own a KLZE but id love to go out in one at some point and prove you all right!

My next move, hmmmmmm, im considering cashing in on the good weather and selling the CRX to save for an EK9. In the mean time im grounding myself a bit and buying my cousins 1.5 Auto Civic Coupe!

As for the forum, its been one of the best ones ive joined! Everyone is cool and you don't get any of the grumpy w**kers that frequent the the Volvo 480 Forum or Club GTi!

Enjoy ur MXs and tadaaaaaaa

:D

• Its a shame to hear you are leaving but its like women….

if a good looking one doesnt hold your heart then its time to move on

Good luck with the future, see you in 18 months when you buy another one because you miss it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• @9f6dfa8c6c=dubstep:

To be honest, buying a Del Sol was a bad move! I bought it based on my previous car, an EG6 Vti with a fair bit of £££££ spent on wheels, tyres and coilovers. The car was about £3k so it was in far better overall condition than my Del Slow! Since i bought it ive had to fit a new clutch, sort out a leaking boot and do loads of interior work. The car was priced with these in mind but after all that im finding it hard to love the damn thing!

Thats a shame 'cos the Del Sols are a lovely car. I'm sort of finding the same with my '3 though tbh, now that it needs some stuff and bodywork sorting I've sort of gotten a bit disheartened with it. :cry:

Good luck with whatever you get, not go for a 1.6 MX instead of the Civic Coupe though? :lol: 8)

• @38dc1b0558=Ryan:

@38dc1b0558=dubstep:

Thats a shame 'cos the Del Sols are a lovely car. I'm sort of finding the same with my '3 though tbh, now that it needs some stuff and bodywork sorting I've sort of gotten a bit disheartened with it. :cry:

Good luck with whatever you get, not go for a 1.6 MX instead of the Civic Coupe though? :lol: 8)

I went the same way with my first MX that some drunk driver stoved the drivers side in and did a runner, he did a whole street in like that, c^nt !!
    I saved up and bought another and took the stuff off the red one that I had done to it.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB