DJMARCOPOLO'S - The GREEN RIVET

• Shame Bruv, best laid plans and all that…

• This week is the week she is nearly all done finally

Just the twin exhaust to fit saturday and the genuine subaru diffuser that fits perfect between the 2 exhausts and body wise she is finished :bigok:

fitted some new parts to my induction system as they were starting to crack and put a new filter on - wow the old one must have been choking it as its lost all the flat spots and hesitation its a different animal now

SO THIS IT WHAT IVE BEEN WAITING 3 MONTHS TO GET IT DONE

• The work done on this the past few weeks

Both belt tensioners removed and new bearings fitted
    Carbon bonnet stripped and relacquered
    Bodywork has had all dents and dings removed
    The front grills have all been colour matched with the body work
    After the failure of the first rear bumper I had this crap one in the shed refinished and modified so its lost its awful features now and I jus have that huge mouth on the rear
    Genuine Subaru rear diffuser to bring the back end down lower to mach the bumper
    Full custom body wrap in Avery vinyl with 10 year guarantee
    The rear is just plain avery green but the front is a printed design of riveted metal panels and the effect of the old green paint peeling off to reveal the rivets. the front wheel arches had matt black triangles added to break the shape up and make the panels look square

Itll be a marmite car for most of you but I love the look of it now :D

• They did a really good job on the vinyl.

Who were they, how much and would you be happy to recommend them?

• Wow very cool. I like it.

• @ daryl, they are wraptition near southampton
    http://www.wraptition.co.uk/
    i would recommend them 100%, custom job like that was £1200 all in whereas all the other quotes I had were more for just plain vinyls with no printing
    theres some pics on the site of it in progress, a few units up he has a deal wth the bodyshop and he charged £200 for the full body smooth including the plate mount on the mazdaspeed front bumper, carbon bonnet relacquered, grills painted and the rear bumper prepped and fitted
    http://www.wraptition.co.uk/mazda-mx3.php

@Aarontietje thanks, I love it

• Just got my quote back !, used a design I've had on my phone for a while. Although think gulfy could paint mine for £1453 plus £30 per hour design costs. Hummmmmmm!.

However have to say its come out so nice Keith, body work looks amazing!. Thought the equipe logo was being reinstalled tho ?

• I have given up with that, its nothing like the original as ive 100% ruined it from stock lol. I managed to get one off whole and have kept it as a momento :(
    Like to see ya design, was that with wraptition for £1453

• Yep, sent quite request after you put their website down and had it back about half hour after !. Quick. But alot more ££ than yours
    Will pm you the pic

• Looks very good DJ, have to be honest, was fearing the worst! But nice colour chosen and nice original idea, what made you decide/think of it?

Have you thought about adding colour to the spokes of your wheels? I think they would look better that way than all silver, anyway hope you've got a nice garage to keep your car in now!!

• @71ccf15278=mx3gulf:

Looks very good DJ, have to be honest, was fearing the worst! But nice colour chosen and nice original idea, what made you decide/think of it?

Have you thought about adding colour to the spokes of your wheels? I think they would look better that way than all silver, anyway hope you've got a nice garage to keep your car in now!!

thanks gulfy, been searching for a garage to store her in now, the inspiration for the idea was looking for a peelin paint effect as the front was going to be carbon but then every honda and saxo is covered jn the stuff so while looking for peeling paint effects on cars I found this picture below of a car from forza motorsport from the xbox and kind of bought it to life, after searching the google it was pretty much original idea so I went for it
    the idea for the green was the wrapper prined a small section off wand just put it with the colour chart that made the front really jump out plus I am too lazy to re-register it as another colour because it was noble green lol

• Magical and totally unique :respect: Be nice for you to post some pics on here so people could attempt to copy? :shock: ….......Greatest form of flattery and all that! Sssssstunning fella, why ya want to garage it fella? left in a dark enviroment, it may shed its sssssskin! :rofl: kev b.

• Thanks kev, just want to get it seen now but garaged to be safe a night :bigok:

What a shi-ite day it was today, got the old man round to give me some help changing the water pump and after a night of Jump Up Drum n Bass til 4am starting on the car at 8am wasnt the best plan lol

After I had both the belt tensioners done with new bearings bcause one was on its last legs we fitted them and realised there was something else not sounding right and seemed to be the waterpump plus that could also be the reason the water was vanishing now and again so it was last chance saloon before we went head gasket change.

got the waterpump off found it has been removed and refitted again in the past with old seal and red hermatite and the leak was at one end so that was the reason the water was vanishing and the reason the system was so pressured as it couldnt maintain its water pressure to stop the water boiling.

Lifting off the cam covers found metal dust everywhere inside so traced the noise to 2 of the 3 idlers were absolutely shot to pieces and on their last legs, then found a hole in the cambelt as something metal and large had been through the belt system so that was just in the nick of time, so a waterpump swap has turned into a full on cambelt kit fitting day as well as fitting an exhaust I had to cut up and reweld because it was never going to fit my car even though I took it off an mx3 only 2 weeks ago its been a hectic day

then problem number 3 reared its head, the metal dust has come from the bottom crank pulley, the key way that stops it moving on the crank shaft has disintergrated so the pulley has been moving on the crank shaft and now half the key is missing and I now have a slot more than double the size of the key, gonna have to run it like that for now until I find a replacement bottom pulley :x

Oh well massive pile of jobs done now so more to enjoy the car with :cheers:

• Phoooooookin Elle! that suggests to me, crank pulley bolt loose?

Christ I bet it had an interesting idle and power/torque curve?? The keyway runs through both the toothed cranknose pulley and accessory pulley which in itself has the crank position lobes vulcanised to its rear which in turn are sensed by the NE2 sensor down there????

Are you saying only the accessory pulley slot is worn???? what about crank nose pulley? ANY play in these two components will have DEVASTATING effects on cylinder/valve/sark timing as due to the small circumference of especially the CNP, any 'play' will be amplified two fold at cam wheels as they rotate at 1/2 the speed of crank!!!!!
    If you intend to run it like this? I'd strongly recommend you DONT!! It is going to be nigh on impossible to zero/time both pulleys on crank nose and then you are relying soley on the tightening torque of the pulley bolt to hold that position as apposed to the security of position given by the machined fit of the keyway?

Fella, If youre in a pickle, I have all three, keyway,nose pulley and accessory pulley on a K8 Im building up, They are all in spec with little or no wear 95k miles??? If you want them, theyre yours! gratis! :D all i ask is that you replace them for me if and when you locate them in future? Sup to you fella the offer is there? :? kev b.

• Unlucky mate. Sounds like loose crank pulley bolt to me too. The outer ring can separate too. Get sorted for replacement? Have a few here.

The wrap job looks very well done! Hope you get sorted soon:-)

• Hiya Kev, thanks for the offer I wouldnt like to know when I would get another but as usual marco has come to the rescue :bigok:

Thanks Marc :D

• Waterpump was only fitted once, I always put a bit of red high temp gasket sealer on waterpumps, its pretty good stuff as it goes to 350 degrees C.

• Hiya daryl, with the red hermatite and the way the gasket was very dry square it loked like it had been refitted and after all this time it was that that was leaking, I never checked it as you had done it all not long before I bought the engine but glad that is all sorted now, just bottom pulley to do and she is back on track :bigok:

• BAD BAD BAD !!!
    Had a fantastic weekend at modified national car show, couldn't believe the amount of people taking photos and the great time I had with my local hashiriya club mates. Left at lunchtime with someone following as they didn't know the way home and everything was fine and didn't fancy flooring it so had a gentle pootle back at 65 mph

Came off a roundabout on the a1 and the car felt a little sluggish pulling away but didn't think anything of it. Drove fine to the M1 then accelerated onto the motorway and it sounded very raw and throaty then massive amount of tappet rattle and knocking and the engine died. Pulled onto the hard shoulder and tried to restart and the engine was seized it wouldn't turn over. Opened bonnet and the engine was too hot to touch the water was boiling in the pipes and the pipes were extremely swollen. Pulled the dipstick out and no oil in it, there's no oil leaks and none in the engine bay at all

so the guess is a piston has shit itself and sucked the oil up the side of the rings and burnt it causing the sluggish feeling up to the point that it ran out of oil and seized at 70mph

Anyway i had a spare bottle of oil so tipped that in and let the engine cool then when it was cool I turned it over and surprisingly it started again, it is rough as hell and one valve on the rear is banging on something badly and it seems to have piston slap or a heavy knock in the bottom

• Are you sure you haven't overheated and blown head gasket losing oil and water? Slapping perhaps rod knock after oil loss and spun bearing.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB