MX3 GULF TRACK CAR KLZE

• looks brill mate love the paint job
    :D :D :D

• hello mate glad to see everything is looking good!!. Looks like a mad arse track car now!. Whats the interior like looks quite good from outside in?. Were have to have a meet up when your at brands sometime. Doubt i be there til next year now.

• got a mini plate on mazota mate, fits perfect…will get you a pic :) put big plate over top tho, dont want to draw attention to it lol

• Hey thanks everyone :D , interior is stripped bare, bar 2 bucket seats and harnesses and omp steering wheel, had a half rollcage fabricated and put in, just need to paint the bare interior out satin black…........... Brands on the 3rd of december (hopefully), just need to sort the bloody rear suspension out, got some issues with the tyres rubbing the springs :(

• Toyo R888? :wink:

• @de6f70d5e0=Welly:

Toyo R888? :wink:

Yokohama's, its doing my head in, looks like there is some sort of camber adjustment on the back wheels, gonna play about with it this weekend

• You do know there is a sort of passive rear whel steer on the mx-3. Could that be it?

• @41a016d310=Rod:

You do know there is a sort of passive rear whel steer on the mx-3. Could that be it?

Yeah I have heard about the rear wheel steer before, are you saying that thats what the camber adjustment looking thing is? I have measured both sides and they are not equal, so something is not right there, I tried to undo the nuts but christ they are a bit seized! A bit of heat and gumption is needed I think, cannot see why K Sport would manufacture suspension for this car and it rubs on the bloody tyres!! Or maybe they expect me to drive it around jacked up like a 4x4 :roll:

• Set of coil overs, & drop car off with me for a hour, will never rub again ;)

Thick steel pipe, between wheel and arch, roll car forward :) rolls inner lip of arch in.

or u can use a rubber mallet also

• @4eac846258=Welly:

Set of coil overs, & drop car off with me for a hour, will never rub again ;)

Thick steel pipe, between wheel and arch, roll car forward :) rolls inner lip of arch in.

or u can use a rubber mallet also

Its not rubbing on the arches mate, its the inside of the tyre rubbing on the springs!! Gonna now find out if K sport have supplied right springs, something is not right :(

• CAI photos as asked for my Nightstalker, check out my tidy/clean engine bay LOL :D

No battery, moved header tank

Stick it down that hole!

PEEKABOO!!

Just sprayed my wheels shiny black gloss :D

TRACK DAY BRANDS HATCH NOVEMBER 16TH :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Like it. You'll have to let me know how you get on and how those K sports hold out when you race it :wink:

• Well done with the car it looks ace i bet its gonna drive better :D

• Lovin the paint job top work! Look forward to hearing about the trackday :D

• Roads looking shitty and bit wet down here at the moment hope the weather gets better for you track day.
    You doing any filming, brands wouldnt let me use my in car kit unless it was phisically fixed/bolted. I only had 2 suction cups holding camera, although i wasnt going anywhere but its their policy.
    Very jelous of your up coming track day!, bloody loved my first Hatch Track day in April.

• @7fabfc09b4=Garfy1981:

Roads looking shitty and bit wet down here at the moment hope the weather gets better for you track day.
    You doing any filming, brands wouldnt let me use my in car kit unless it was phisically fixed/bolted. I only had 2 suction cups holding camera, although i wasnt going anywhere but its their policy.
    Very jelous of your up coming track day!, bloody loved my first Hatch Track day in April.

Yeah weather pretty bad here too, not doing track day on monday now, my friend can't make it, hopefully doing one next thursday instead, definately doing one this month before our 'big IOW outing' at brands on the 5th december, hopefully will get some 'in car' footage, looking out for a bracket that will bolt to rollbar, do you know where I can get one??

We will have to meet up next year at brands, :D

• depends what sort of camera you use, mine is a dogcam. ( weird name i know! ) they do the brackets for it.

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk

• Do you know if the threads on the bottom of digital cameras/camcorders are universal, i.e, I think they are 8mm thread??

I take it the dogcam is a bullet camera?? I have a actioncamera bullet camera too, that records onto my camcorder, trouble is have not worked out how to burn the tape to my computer :(

• Does your camera have a firewire(IEEE1394) 'out' on it? as this is the usual way of transferiing mini DV tape to a PC, your PC will need a firewire card and cable too, its a hell of alot faster than USB!

• Every camera I have had has a standard thread at the base for a tripod etc.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB