Tihight rear brakes help?

• i'm changing the rear discs & pads on the V6 but even when the piston is backed fully off, the rear wheel is ttight to spin i have had it apart several times but can't seem to notice anything wrong? any ideas please ?

• handbrake? :lol: Wheel bearing?

• wheel bearing is ok.. but do i need to back the handbrake off as you do with drums marco?

• when taking the wheel off on my mates polo it was reali stiff wouldnt budge so i just kicked it off with both legs if you get me…...

• ha ha yeah i do.. anyway think im sorted now the piston was going in no problem but the carrierd were not so not enough gap to slot in the new pads ..a bit of patience ,lubricant and a large rubber hammer seems to have sorted the mystery thanks guys :o

• @142685aa5f=steve//:

ha ha yeah i do.. anyway think im sorted now the piston was going in no problem but the carrierd were not so not enough gap to slot in the new pads ..a bit of patience ,lubricant and a large rubber hammer seems to have sorted the mystery thanks guys :o

Yea the carriers are a PITA on most cars. Over the years they corrode and get filled up with brake dust. Worst case is the pads stick in there and constantly rub on the disc, as what was happening to you.

The best way to solve the problem is to clean up the area the pad contacts with the carrier. I normally use and angle grinder, 5 mins work. A metal file or rough bit of sand paper will do the job though.

Should solve your problem and stop it happening again for a few years.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB