Info - What Engine swaps are possible on a 4cl MX-3?

• would the 2.5 V6 fit into my car its the 1.5 dohc model?
    ah what engines do fit and with what spec?

• Engines That Fit:

B6T 1.6 power and torque outputs varied across markets due to emission and fuel standards, but the Japanese version of the B6T was the most powerful, producing 147 hp and 137 ft·lbf (186 N·m)

BPT 1.8 is a turbocharged and intercooled variant of the BP. It produced 179 hp and 174 ft·lbf (237 N·m) of torque.

BPD. It is commonly known as the 'big turbo' variant as it utilised a much larger IHI RHF6CB turbocharger. The BPT was used as the basis for the engine, with changes such as sodium filled exhaust valves, larger (and front mounted) intercooler, bigger fuel injectors and stronger engine internals helping to up the performance of the engine to produce 206 hp and 184 ft·lbf (250 N·m). This engine was designed to power Mazda to a world rally championship win, and was thus used in the limited production Mazda Familia GT-R (2200 built) and GTAe (300 built). I have never heard of anyone getting hold of one of these, but I bet they are expensive and because nobody has done the swap who knows what could happen. The KLZE swap is probably a better choice.

KLZE If you want to do this swap it aint gonna be straight forward, but to be honest no swaps are easy on the 1.6.

• well first off i wana say woooo i have a jap import :P

second of all i have a friend who has a gtx block dropped into his so thats the 1.8 turbo dropepd into his car! and i also know where i can get a gt-r block for 1500 gbp

• If you're serious about the swap it might work out cheaper and simpler to buy a v6 mx-3 and drop in a ZE. I sourced a ZE though Nippon Spares for £700 including delivery and MS8 IM and various other bits.

Copyright 2021 UK-MX3.com | Powered by NodeBB